tired of internet disconnecting and having to restart modem

Starter Poster

tired of internet disconnecting and having to restart modem

by Nontechie Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

Hello there, I am sick of opening my tablet and laptop and seeing no internet connection- and a message saying there is a problem with your modem- so i have to restart the modem. I am sure i shouldn't have to be doing this all the time- like this week it has been 4 times. Have come home to find the devices not connected. Is it the technicolour modem that was put in when i signed up for unlimited broadband?

Starter Poster

Re: tired of internet disconnecting and having to restart modem

by Nontechie Starter Poster
Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

sigh..thanks for advice no-one!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

hi @Nontechie

So sorry no-one has replied to you sooner Smiley Sad

Hopefully i can be of help Smiley Very Happy

I am presuming that you have a cable connection since you mentioned you have the Technicolor Modem, are you able to confirm this?

Is this the modem you have?
Tecnicolour_T7210D.png

When this happens have you tried connecting via an Ethernet cable directly to the modem when you encounter this issue?

I am trying to figure out if its just a Wi-Fi issue or if your internet connection is completely dropping.

If your computer connects to the internet just fine via the Ethernet cable then i'd say its more than likely a Wi-Fi issue.

Another way to tell is, if the Online light is off on your modem then you have lost connection internet completely.

If it is on then your modem is connected to the internet and changing the Wi-Fi channel within the modem settings may help.

I hope this helps in someway and if you have any issues or need help with changing the Wi-Fi channel i'm more than happy to help you Smiley Very Happy

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

New Poster

by GeorgeBrooker New Poster
Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)

Hey im useing the vodafone wireless white modem with the same problem and this issue cuts out both ethernet and wireless conections. It is easily fixed with a quick reset but its gets realy annoying haveing to go into another room just to fix the internet.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today