Wifi dropping out

New Poster

Wifi dropping out

by AmandaJ New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (497 Views)

Hi, recently my PC and printer have stopped picking up the wifi.  I use a HG659 modem and usually have two networks to choose from, one of them with a -5 extension.  All other devices in the house work fine though I have noticed all of them now only locate the -5 extension and not the other one.  If it had been only the PC that stopped receiving wifi I would have thought it was an error with that, but as the printer stopped at the same time I am inclined to think it's a modem problem.  Both PC and printer are close to the modem.  Printer is only 1 year old, PC perhaps three or four.  Any ideas?

Community Manager

Re: Wifi dropping out

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 3 (444 Views)

@AmandaJ

Possibly worth turning off the modem and then back on again, may just need to reset.

Cheers

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: Wifi dropping out

by riotaylor Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)

I bought a wireless printer of canon brand. I made all the setup and connect it with my pc. At the first day, all is ok but at the second day when i try to take a print, it shows offline status. I checked the connection all is ok. But when i check the IP address it is different from the one i have set. The IP address is fluctuating automatically. I found the solution on 

https://www.canonprintersupportnumbers.com/ here which is workable for me.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors