Wi Fi connection issue

Starter Poster

Wi Fi connection issue

by jonoswan Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (272 Views)

We are having ongoing issues with the broadband dropping off regularly.  The connection would regularly (every 5-10 minutes) disconnect itself and then reconnect itself again.  Very annoying to say the least!

We have a Technicolor TC7210 cable modem which may be the issue, in our previous house we had a Motorola Surfboard which had zero issues.

I talked with a technician and they have indicated that we can swap the Technicolor router for a Cisco router, which is less problematic.

I have moved the router to different places within the house and disconnected it several times, but there has been no change.

I have also tried the solutions here, but there had been no change.
http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/26695/related/1

Do you have any further ideas that would solve this ongoing issue?

I have purchased an additional access point, but this has had no effect on the disconnecting and made the connection worse.

Thanks,
Jonathan Swan

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Wi Fi connection issue

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)

Hey Jono, 

Not 100% sure, but I think I have spoken to you via Facebook and got a tech logged to get this sorted, is that correct? 

Let us know if you need further assistance, and we'll help out further Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Michael

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Wi Fi connection issue

[ Edited ]
by Contributor Dippy Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (201 Views)

Hi Jonathan have you got this shorted? as I;m having the same problems and it is pointing to the modem being faulty. If yours is fix what did you do to get it working? Thanks Dave

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today