Vodafone Wireless internet

Starter Poster

Vodafone Wireless internet

by EricMok Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (687 Views)

Hi, am i able to set a separate password or control who uses which band of internet? i am currently using VDSL and have a 2.4ghz and a 5 ghz band. i want to set a separate password for each, or control who is able to use the 5ghz band. Am i able to do it? and if so, how can i do it?

Thanks.

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Wireless internet

by fordj Starter Poster
Message 2 of 4 (677 Views)

Hi Eric,

What type of modem are you using?, most modems have a default gateway listed on the back I.e- 192.168.1.1, if you put this into your address bar on an internet browser and login using the administrator username and password(generally admin,admin), you can adjust password and SSID settings in the advanced wireless settings (including setting different network and passwords for dual band modem/routers)

If you let us know what model of modem/router we may be able to provide the admin password and username.

Thanks,

Joe

Starter Poster

by EricMok Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (664 Views)

it says HG659 when i log in. its the modem that vodafone sends us with vdsl. i cant seem to set a password individually for each band?

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 4 of 4 (653 Views)
That feature isn't available on the HG659
I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Posted from Sony E5823
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today