Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Station SHG1500 SIP settings

by MitchNet Starter Poster
Message 1 of 18 (9,437 Views)

Hey Vodafone

Ive been supplied the Vodafone Station SHG1500 in replacment of the HG556a

In the HG556 I was able to configure th SIP settings as desired however in the SHG1500 the SIP settings page shows as just a blank space using the supplided

Username:vodafone

Password vodafone

Ive also Tried (but this does not work)

Username advanced

Password advanced

Would be great if you can assist with the full admin password to enable the setting page so I might configure SIP

Thanks,

M

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Vodafone Station SHG1500 SIP settings

by Retired Staff Kieran Retired Staff
Message 18 of 18 (5,075 Views)
Plug PAP2T -> Ethernet -> router. Then gain access to configuration webportal. Call ****110# to get the IP address with landline connected to line 1.

Get SIP/VoIP settings from your VoIP provider.

View solution in original post

Posted from Apple iPhone
Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Nigelhu Retired Staff
Message 2 of 18 (9,425 Views)

Hi Mitch,

Are you a Vodafone Easy Office customer? If so simply factory reset the router and the device should be configured automatically.

Or

Are you trying to use the Vodafone station to connect to another SIP provider? If so this is not currently supported on the Vodafone Station.

Best Regards,

Nigel

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 18 (9,411 Views)
Hey Nigel,

That's unfortunate, will have to swap out for something more flexible to best take advantage of the connection I pay for.

Appreciate the prompt reply.

Thanks,
Mitch
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by JediDork Starter Poster
Message 4 of 18 (6,416 Views)

Hi Vodafone,

Is there any updates to this issue? Anyone who uses VOIP knows that its a simple fix, its just a matter of opening up the "Phone" section in the router so we can add our own sip servers.

Vodafone, im sure you realise that people will use VOIP if they really want to, and barring people from using your modem/router for the VOIP feature just ends up costing your consumer more in a separate VOIP adapter. Suggest you open it up on the basis of an additional feature, like you have done with the USB ports, DLNA and the many other great features of your modem. The hardware is there, so why waste it?

Who knows, perhaps if the VOIP community catch wind that your offering such a feature it may just be the deciding factor to make the switch.

Anthony

Ninja Master

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 5 of 18 (6,413 Views)

@JediDork  Update to what issue sorry? The modem is working as designed

John

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 18 (6,406 Views)

What a totally disingenuous response johnr. The modem has been deliberately restricted to prevent the use of a incredibly useful feature, the worst part is that Vodafone don’t even offer a completive VOIP or SIP service so it has been restricted just because. One should not have to use an external ATA when the modem is more than capable of providing that function which is clearly the "issue" being queried.

Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 7 of 18 (6,400 Views)

@MitchNetnot at all the modem is working as designed and Vodafone does offer VOIP

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/business-solutions/easy-office/

If Vodafone advertised the modem supporting this function then I would agree

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 18 (6,395 Views)

The linked content is a business offering, not something that your consumer customer base would use. It is also only part of a package which makes it non-competitive when you consider services like 2talk.

I don’t believe anyone is saying the modem is broken; we are interested in configuring a service that was previously available on Vodafone modems and is unavailable on the SHG1500.

This "issue" is as stated, why can’t we configure our own service, the traffic is running on the connection anyway with a external ata, what is the issue with enabling the feature on the modem itself.

Honoured Contributor

by Honoured Contributor Honoured Contributor
Message 9 of 18 (6,386 Views)

It's also used for UFB VoIP services for residential customers.

I would say it's like this for ease of use since a lot of the setup is now done on the network side and it's a plug and play modem.

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 18 (6,383 Views)

I think you’re missing the point it seems a pity Vodafone have become so restrictive, especially as many of us have purchased that modem outright. It’s also a little sad that while taking our money you can be so coy about the function of a modem and the reasons the configuration of it is restricted.

It seems perfectly obvious that the idea is to make it a little harder to use your own SIP provider while over charging for a non-competitive service.

Its ok Vodafone, an external ATA from cisco is only $40 and it’s a small price to pay to have appropriately priced voice services.

Stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today