Vodafone HG659 vs uTorrent

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone HG659 vs uTorrent

by Matrix01 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (554 Views)

So I'm awaiting my fibre connection and have been sent this modem/router. I decided it might be good to start using it with my current ADSL connection and it pretty much worked straight out of the box. It is a wired connection to my PC, even the wireless works fine with my phone... EXCEPT when I try to run uTorrent on the computer. When uTorrent is open, I can no longer web browse and uTorrent will not download. When I exit out of uTorrent, low and behold, I can instantly start browsing again... No restart, nothing! Trolling through here, I decided to try the following connection settings: http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Modems-Wi-Fi/Read-me-Converting-your-HG659-to-enable-ADSL/m-p/172... with no change. I find that my older Vodafone Station SHG1500 works without fail. I even tried the port forwarding to no avail: http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Modems-Wi-Fi/Read-Me-HG659-Port-Forwarding/m-p/117724/highlight/t...

Is there a fix to this? 

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone HG659 vs uTorrent

Message 8 of 8 (250 Views)

@MikeHales@MrMorm

Thanks Vodafone. You sent me the new Ultrahub and all my problems have gone!! No internet cut outs, uTorrent works. Very happy. Took a while to boot up though. Fibre end of the month I'm told. Looking forward to that.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Matrix01
‎15-11-2017 08:59 PM

All Replies
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 8 (527 Views)

@Matrix01

Thanks for the post. When did you get the modem - can you check which version of firmware you're running - B026 just released with a fix on Port Forwarding.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (519 Views)

I got the modem earlier this week, and have updated its firmware to B026 as instructed. Even reset to factory, but firmware remains B026. Have gone back to SHG1500 Station as it just works better.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 8 (326 Views)

Still no solution?

Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 5 of 8 (320 Views)

I've used utorrent for a long time on the HG659 no issue - inc B26, B20 and B19 firmware.

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled Utorrent? Try it on default settings.

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 8 (183 Views)

I have recently tried uninstalling and installing it again with no change, but I think there is a problem with the modem itself. It seems to be far slower download and its also inconsistant compared to the older vodafone station when using it with my current ADSL. Is there a way to diagnose a fault in the modem? While waiting to be connected to fibre (now coming up 2 months overdue) I see there is a new "ultra hub" released. Is there a way to return this HG659 and swap for the ultra hub?

Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 7 of 8 (174 Views)

you could call up and talk to them. At the least they can give you a free ultra hub if you resign for 12months or somesuch. If you are going to fibre, you may be getting an ultra hub already and you can get it early maybe. Talk to them and see - otherwise they are about $150 (which is a lot of bang for buck with these)

Starter Poster

Message 8 of 8 (251 Views)

@MikeHales@MrMorm

Thanks Vodafone. You sent me the new Ultrahub and all my problems have gone!! No internet cut outs, uTorrent works. Very happy. Took a while to boot up though. Fibre end of the month I'm told. Looking forward to that.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Matrix01
‎15-11-2017 08:59 PM
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors