Vodafone HG659 firmware update released

Frequent Poster

Re: Vodafone HG659 firmware update released

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster David79 Frequent Poster
Message 71 of 85 (1,705 Views)

My advice would be to just be patient, for your particular difficulty.

I know each of the bands have their merits and pit-falls.

I’m sure the egineers are working on it behind the scenes as it may, or may not be hardware related,

My own 659 has never dropped the 2.4Gb band: Go figure?

Chur

Starter Poster

by k3nd0 Starter Poster
Message 72 of 85 (1,682 Views)

Thanks @David79 this was good advice, I got home from work today, rebooted the HG659 and the 2.4GHz band popped up! Hopefully it remains alive for a while! Thanks again Smiley Happy

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 73 of 85 (1,656 Views)

ChrisVF wrote:

Hi Holly.

We've seen a few reports of the 2.4GHz channel dropping out. If you can do some initial troubleshooting like power cycle it and test with a different computer/phone, then PM me your details and I'll get someone to get in contact with you and we'll probably do a replacement.

ta,

chris

G'day Chris, hope you're well 

I'm having issues with 2.4 disappearing and also I think 5ghz can't be joined when that happens. Any ideas? Got a changelog for version 20 or a newer one coming up? 

D

Posted from Android 6.0
New Poster

by JasonLeef New Poster
Message 74 of 85 (1,616 Views)

Why did you have to update the password, i cant log into my router at all now. @14003997 doesn't work and neither does admin or any previous password.

Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 75 of 85 (1,615 Views)

Hey @Dylan, we're still digging into the cause at the moment for the 2.4G dropouts. B20 is mainly about splitting SSIDs which should help some devices stay on the the right channel. That said, let me hunt down a full changelog.

cheers,

chris

Frequent Poster

Message 76 of 85 (1,610 Views)

........yeah, there’s some weird crazy <Seira> <Hotel> <India> <Tango> going on.

See attached pic of my 659 two nights ago after being switched off for two days.

No WAN at all.

Working at first then after a day or two this,
”Lights out” <dead> in other words. However, ethernet still up so I could make do by on that.

Left everything sleeping over night and <bingo!), both wireless bands up and running next morning.

Go figure.

VF rules.
Chur

IMG_3207.jpg

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 77 of 85 (1,600 Views)

ChrisVF wrote:

Hey @Dylan, we're still digging into the cause at the moment for the 2.4G dropouts. B20 is mainly about splitting SSIDs which should help some devices stay on the the right channel. That said, let me hunt down a full changelog.

cheers,

chris

Sounds good, thanks! Has anyone else mentioned 5GHz being unjoinable when 2.4GHz disappears? I think it might be connected to the connection being under heavy load.

Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 78 of 85 (1,576 Views)

Hi,

Details of the latest firmware release, including what has been fixed, are available here.

Probably a good point to suggest that any issues relating to your experience on B20 firmware are posted in that thread, rather than this year old one (B19).

cheers,

chris

Frequent Poster

Message 79 of 85 (1,567 Views)

Roger that. I will read it through and see if there are any idiosyncracies related to my set-up over on that thread.

Thanks Chris for helping >thumbs_up<

Frequent Poster

Message 80 of 85 (1,551 Views)

DOH! Sorry I misread your post Chris.

I have been reluctant to migrate to v20 as the router has so far not failed until a few nights ago when the WAN light would not come up, as in, no wireless whatsoever.

If I do upgrade I think it would not be until the bugs have been ironed out of the current release.

I’m not in a position to try v20 as we rely heavily on the UFB connection but will read the v20 thread all the same if I get time tomorrow.

Cheers

Stats
  • 84 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 12 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today