Upgrade modem to shg1500 model

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Upgrade modem to shg1500 model

by Latimer05 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,355 Views)
Hi we have been with Vodafone for years,why have they not offered a upgrade to the newer modem that would make connecting our laptops, etc easier. We have tried it while away at a friends and even the range is better on the newer one. I would have thought Vodafone would look after customers that have been with them since the beginning?
Posted from Apple iPad

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Upgrade modem to shg1500 model

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (1,910 Views)

Hi @Latimer05 

We can look into changing your modem, but from your description there are more variables than just the model of modem. There could definitely be differences with local wireless interference (if there's other devices transmitting on the same wifi channel you're using) and factors like the position of the modem and if it needs to transmit through brick or wood walls etc.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel you're on? Normally it's good to try 1, 6, 11 because they don't overlap with each other. You can change the wireless channel by browsing to your modem configuration page at http://192.168.1.1 and then login with the username "vodafone" and password "vodafone". Then you should see the wireless options from the menu on the left.

I have removed your duplicate posts about this so that it's not double handled.

Cheers

Dylan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Latimer05
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

Message 2 of 5 (1,911 Views)

Hi @Latimer05 

We can look into changing your modem, but from your description there are more variables than just the model of modem. There could definitely be differences with local wireless interference (if there's other devices transmitting on the same wifi channel you're using) and factors like the position of the modem and if it needs to transmit through brick or wood walls etc.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel you're on? Normally it's good to try 1, 6, 11 because they don't overlap with each other. You can change the wireless channel by browsing to your modem configuration page at http://192.168.1.1 and then login with the username "vodafone" and password "vodafone". Then you should see the wireless options from the menu on the left.

I have removed your duplicate posts about this so that it's not double handled.

Cheers

Dylan

Solution
Accepted by topic author Latimer05
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (1,326 Views)

I have also changed the wifi to channel 1.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 5 (1,323 Views)

How do we get the modem part upgraded so we can see if that makes a difference?

Retired Staff

Message 5 of 5 (1,297 Views)

Latimer05 wrote:

I have also changed the wifi to channel 1.

Great. How's that going? Would be good to try 6 too, test again, and 11, and test again.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today