Ultra Hub with steam/battle.net

New Poster

Ultra Hub with steam/battle.net

by timcam New Poster
Message 1 of 17 (745 Views)

There is a weird issue with the Ultra Hub capping download speeds to 8.5mb/s on steam/battle.net, when you go to the Ultra Hubs advanced settings and press 'apply' on the DDNS page it fixes it for a short period. ( Goes from 8.5mb/s to stable 30mb/s )

Is this going to be fixed in the next Ultra Hub firmware update?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ultra Hub with steam/battle.net

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 17 (684 Views)

Hi @timcam - this sounds interesting... I'll scramble the jets and see what they say. Could you perhaps send me a PM with your customer info and contact details in case they ask? Thanks for the info.

Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 3 of 17 (666 Views)

hi

We are aware of this and waiting for a response from the vendor. we will get back to you on this. A bit of time is required.

Thanks

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Starter Poster

by le3p Starter Poster
Message 4 of 17 (614 Views)

Just wanted to bump this post, I'm having the same issue and it seems to affect Origin too. Although that work around to get 30down doesn't seem to work for me.

Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 5 of 17 (575 Views)

Hi Guys

Just to avoid confusion Steam does the download evaluation on MB/s not Mbps. its Megabytes per second  not Megabits per sec. Internet DL speeds are measured in Megabits per sec. 1 byte = 8 bits

Also Steam writes to the Harddisk. If your HDD is slow in writing to you will probably see lots of breaks and slow downloads regardless how fast your connetion is.

you will not see a huge performance difference if this is the case. You internet connection download can be really high but your game download speed will then be limited by the hardware.

Thus while expecting to download at the same speed as your Download speed you do have to remember the limitation of the hardware on the PC as well.

will update when we have more info on this.

regards

Dilhan 

Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Starter Poster

by le3p Starter Poster
Message 6 of 17 (570 Views)
The 8.5 speed we are being limited is only equivalent to 68MB/s that should be on speed test sites. This is well under the fibre max and fibre 200 speeds. Also with an SSD the disk writing speeds are not the bottle neck. The download very clearly stops at a certain speed with no fluctuations.

Never the less, the appreciate the reply and hope to hear from you soon.
Posted from Samsung SM-G955F
Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 7 of 17 (560 Views)

Hi

Its not limited to 68MB/s its 68Mbps. that is what i was explaining in the last post. You will not see 68MB/s which is an equivalent to 544Mbps.

a 200Mbps connection will not provide 68MB/s as the maximum throughput on 200Mbps is 25MB/s

the MB/s and Mbps is different.

and yes you are right if you have an SSD this will not be a be a problem. And the download does stop at 8.5 to 9MB/s.(64-72Mbps).

this should be fixed in the next FW release.

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

Starter Poster

by le3p Starter Poster
Message 8 of 17 (552 Views)
Ah I think I got my units mixed up, my bad. Thanks for the info, any chance we can get an ETA for the firmware update?
Posted from Samsung SM-G955F
Staff

Re: Ultra Hub with steam/battlenet

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 9 of 17 (521 Views)

testing is ongoing and ongoing. If unsatisfactory or new bug discovered we send it back and retest. will advise when available. It will be automatically pushed down. 

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

Starter Poster

Re: Ultra Hub with steam/battlenet

by DilipSaini Starter Poster
Message 10 of 17 (368 Views)

Hey Guys, I've just been linked to this thread from another staff memeber and I see that it's already a fair few weeks old. Is there any chance on getting an update, if the problems been found or a fix is in the works? It's getting quite annoying being stuck at such a low speed. 

Thanks

Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors