Ultra Hub with steam/battle.net

Starter Poster

Re: Ultra Hub with steam/battle.net

[ Edited ]
by le3p Starter Poster
Message 11 of 17 (518 Views)

For everyone still stuck with this issue, I've found a bit of a work around. I tried using a VPN while download wondering if maybe the router doesn't recognise the traffic as coming from steam maybe it wouldn't be throttled? After a bit of testing I can confirm that you can get higher download speeds on Origin, Steam and Battlenet (the three I tested) by using a vpn. My vpn was capped at about 350mbits/s bandwidth so I was getting 40mbit/s downloads on all three platforms. Im pretty sure using a more expensive Gigabit VPN would push that even further, maxing out the Fibre connection. I tested this using Windscibe VPN as a friend of mine had a spare licence but something like Private Internet Access might be better as they support gigabit speeds.

Hope this helped.

Starter Poster

by EmmaParker Starter Poster
Message 12 of 17 (509 Views)

did you use purevpn in your test? I'm using it and if you have tested please do share with me so I can check that too. 

Starter Poster

by le3p Starter Poster
Message 13 of 17 (492 Views)
Sorry I haven't tested that one. It just depends on your connection to their server but the cap will still be lifted.
Posted from Samsung SM-G955F
Starter Poster

by EmmaParker Starter Poster
Message 14 of 17 (480 Views)

thanks for the information and i wil try to check it on my own and if i got bad results i will share with you 

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor MrMorm Regular Contributor
Message 15 of 17 (407 Views)
Starter Poster

by le3p Starter Poster
Message 16 of 17 (402 Views)

Unfortunately the firmware fix doesn't seem to work for me. I installed it, powercycled the router and confirmed it as running the new firmware. Im still stuck on around 8.5MB/s speeds and again, enabling a VPN increases them closer to 40MB/s.

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 17 of 17 (319 Views)

Hi All

Firmware is out.

recomendation is after the firmware update turn off the ultrhub at least for a good minute or so before turning it on again.

also have IPv6 turned off.

https://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Modems-Wi-Fi/Ultra-Hub-firmware-upgrade-July-2018/m-p/221766#M89...

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 25w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors