Ultra Hub as Access Point only

Staff

Re: Ultra Hub as Access Point only

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 11 of 15 (92 Views)

hi

you got it. Your config is very similar to something i setup for one of our VIPs. Smiley Happy ( even the switch is the same)

yep its better to turn off the SSID if its going to be in a cabinet. reduce interference and RF footprint.

Also just make sure the decos can see each other (wirelessly) as well, as it needs to know RSSI, and neighbour AP to do the mesh transfer properly. (some just put it so far apart and complain that it disconnects)

tip: connect and power on 1 deco at a time. ! but have them all next to each other when you are configuring it. then place them where u want it.

Use an wifi analyser to check the signal before you connect the second and third unit makes it much easier.

regards

D

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
mfb
Starter Poster

by mfb Starter Poster
Message 12 of 15 (85 Views)

Great. 

One more question that I have, with this setup would I need to put the Deco Units into Access Point Mode or can they stay in Router mode? 

Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 13 of 15 (82 Views)

ah... i remember the app has a description of it. as you are not doing any PPP or IPOE or anything like that it should be in ap mode.. what does the apps screen say. can you give me a screen shot?

regards

D

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
mfb
Starter Poster

by mfb Starter Poster
Message 14 of 15 (78 Views)

I haven’t actually got the Deco system yet or downloaded the App, I’ve ordered it and hope it arrives in the next couple of days. 

Here is is a screen shot from the TP link website for setting up the Deco in AP mode. There are 2 choices. Router Mode. Or Access Point Mode. 

8453A83A-DEAC-4736-9BE0-F86A885E9DBF.png

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
mfb
Starter Poster

by mfb Starter Poster
Message 15 of 15 (77 Views)

Also see the following from TP link....

E912A141-A046-4DFA-8827-F3F4FAF58F17.png

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats