Ultra Hub? Would it be worth upgrading?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Ultra Hub? Would it be worth upgrading?

by hurrellg Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (745 Views)

I am currently on ADSL, with little prospect of VDSL or fibre coming my way for years. Also,  I have an SHG1500 modem which I have had since switching to Vodafone several years ago. My question is;

Would it be worth getting an Ultra Hub modem to improve my wifi?  For example, would there be an improvement in response when several devices are connected at one time?

Thanks GH

Staff

Re: Ultra Hub? Would it be worth upgrading?

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 2 of 2 (854 Views)

Hi there

The RGW you have now is only a single band which is just a 2.4Ghz. Now since you are using ADSL you may not see a big difference if you move to Ultrahub. But in saying that Ultrahub is Dual band which means you have a 5Ghz as well.

the 2.4Ghz band is used by a lot of devices nowadays so that is actually very overused and congested.

If you upgrade you may see a difference on the stability and the latency but it all depends.

The RGW you have now is End of Life so its always better to go to the new RGW. you may even see a Speed bump ( very miniscule) and if you get fiber you will see a big difference.

regards

DB

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 35w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors