UltrHub Login userid / password incorrect - post July 2018 firmware update

Regular Poster
Accepted Solution

UltrHub Login userid / password incorrect - post July 2018 firmware update

by Regular Poster Ant42 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (348 Views)

Hi,

My quest to fix the USB printer issue has stalled with not being able to login to the Ultra Hub.  Following the intial rejection of user id "vodafone"and my password, I hit the reset button and entered "vodafone" and the default password on the bottom of the Ultra Hub.  Rejected!  Then reset and turn off the Hub.  Rejected!

Double checked caps on / off and retried several times using the default password...rejected.

Can anyone offer any solutions, especially as now I'm down to factory default settings.

Cheers,

Ant

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: UltrHub Login userid / password incorrect - post July 2018 firmware update

by Regular Poster Ant42 Regular Poster
Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

OK.  This is weird. After another reset and power down, the default userid and pswd came up with a login error.  A second attempt brought up a pop-up warning me of a second login error, and a request to wait 6 seconds prior to a retry. This warning was not previously displayed in other multiple attempts to login.  I re-tried "vodafone" and my current password, and this time it was accepted.  It now seems like the new firmware allows passwords to be retained after a power down or reset, although if the passowrd is lost or forgotten it provides little comfort in having a reset button.

Go figure.

Staff

Re: UltrHub Login userid / password incorrect - post July 2018 firmware update

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 3 of 3 (340 Views)

hi

That is one of the fixes in the new firmware.

user changed password will be retailed on a reboot but will be reset to default on a factory defaulted settings

Fac reset is the key. If you just press it it will do a reboot. if you hold it down where all the lights come on and then one by one will turn off starting from the power that is a correct factory reset.

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors