The Ultra Hub is ABYSMAL for console gaming!

Starter Poster

The Ultra Hub is ABYSMAL for console gaming!

by Keanu Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (858 Views)

So Ive been having similar problems with my ultra hub ever since I received it as this guy here. I have my ultra hub hard wired through a cat 6 cable to my xbox one. The speeds I get are riduclously low and inconsistent (anywhere from 8 to 35 download max). I know for a fact it is not my actual speeds that are affecting this because I can get around a 700 down with an iphone x connected to the router. I switched back to hg659 because my speeds increased from 8 to 35 down to 80 to 90 down on my xbox one. I am happy with the speeds i get from hg659 on my xbox one even though they should be so much better. (all of these speedtests are with only the xbox one connected through a cat 6 cable)

The reason why I want to use ultra hub is because of the wifi issue I have with hg659 . The 2.4ghz wifi on the hg659 just drops out of no where and after resetting the hg659 multiple times and changing the wifi channel it still doesnt seem to re appear meaning that devices that need the 2.4ghz cant use it. Ive seen multiple people have the same issue with the hg659 and have come to the conclusion that there is no solution to it.

I was wondering if any one has a solution to why the ultra hub ethernet speeds are very bad and inconsistent. Is there any settings in the ultra hub that I can tweak to improve this or is this just a genuine problem. I would love vodafone to do some testing with the ultra hub and gaming consoles so they could attest that its something wrong with the ultra hub

The ultra hub is good for its wifi capabilities but definitely not good if you are a competitive console gamer. I have no problem in purchasing a high end asus gaming router which will most likely fix the inconsistent and low speed problem but if anyone has any ideas to fix it please let me know.

Staff

Re: The Ultra Hub is ABYSMAL for console gaming!

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 2 of 8 (806 Views)

is your actual gaming experience bad or just when you do a speed tests?

If it is bad please advise what you are experiencing, the game you play, the latency between the gaming console and the UH, game and the gaming server.?

There is a firmware to fix  the speed issue which is under testing.  

the speed test issue is known and this will not affect your gaming experience. We also have gaming consoles to test this. Smiley Happy

whats your latency between the gaming console and the router. if this is more than 10ms then yes we may need to take a look at it.

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Starter Poster

by Keanu Starter Poster
Message 3 of 8 (749 Views)

It is not only the speed tests. It is the download speeds as well. When I go download big games I just switch back to the hg659 because the ultra hub  barely gets me over 30 Mb/s down and it fluctuates from 30 to  legit a 1 download. When I use the  hg659 to download games it will consistantly stay above 70Mb/s down. You said that there is going to be a firmware update? Will this fix my download speeds or just speed tests? If it will fix my download  speeds as well when will this firmware come out? If it isnt soon I will just go and purchase another router. It is beyond frustrating paying for a 1000 download that ive never even seen. I appreciate the reply. Thanks.

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 4 of 8 (728 Views)

Hi

Yes, I agree. It will be download speed on the console units. The if you do the speed test from a Eth-modem PC you will the download is fine.

We are aware of the reason and the solution/fix will be on the next fw release.

for the latency issue of 50-70 where is your server located and if you to a tracert to that server what is the latency you are getting.

50 -70 ms in really fast response. if you are able to do a quick search for the playable latency for the game you are playing you should be able to see the max amount.

usually anything below 150ms is considered ok for playing. I myself is a competitive gamer and being playing online since 2004. personally, I prefer less than 100 ms.

if you feel the UH is having issues on Latency please do a tracert and see whats the latency between the first hop. usually, it will be less than 10 ms. Our(human) reaction time is around 100ms - 150 ms.

Also PM the tracert to me> I will definitely look into it for you.

for the download issue on console games, this will be fixed on a fw release which is under test now.

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
New Poster

by CheLindsayHenton New Poster
Message 5 of 8 (227 Views)

Abysmal gaming 

I would like to chip in my 2 cents worth,   I currently have a ping rate floating around 80-100 and above,  do you know when this firmware will be released?

Starter Poster

by dcdec Starter Poster
Message 6 of 8 (793 Views)
Hey can i jump in on this convo i hve the same problem latency is about 50-70 on my ps4 running cat 6 cable
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by dcdec Starter Poster
Message 7 of 8 (792 Views)
The lag is like impossible sometimes im literaly dead before my bullet fires...as if its already happend if you get wat i mean...
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
New Poster

by matthew_0203 New Poster
Message 8 of 8 (456 Views)
I got the same issue with my ps4 pro.......
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors