The Parental Control is not 100% reliable

Starter Poster

The Parental Control is not 100% reliable

by tigerrose Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (477 Views)

I have set up parental control and it has been successful for approx 8 months but now he has worked out that he can use a VPN to by pass this. Can anyone recomment what Vodafone can do to stop this. I do not want to download apps etc to try and do this.

Staff

Re: The Parental Control is not 100% reliable

by Staff Manoj Staff
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

If a person is tech savvy enough to setup a VPN and bypass parental control, I doubt you can do much apart from either getting an expensive third party firewall solution installed by an IT tech or physically restricting access to the PC. 

At Vodafone, we don't manage traffic over the network at a user level so unfortunately we can't offer a solution to this situation.

I am from the fixed line faults team and I volunteer my time here. Not an official member of the Social Media Team.
Starter Poster

by tigerrose Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (385 Views)

Thank you for your answer. I thought Vodafone has a firewall as I see it in the Vodafone Ultra Hub? I cn not physically remove it as sometimes I have students staying with me, when they are not here I could take the modem to bed with me :-) I know the MAC adresses for his devices so surely there is something in the Ultra Hub that allows complete blocking of certain MAC addresses?

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff Manoj Staff
Message 4 of 4 (344 Views)

Yep, in the ultrahub's parental control menu you will find mac address filtering which you can use to block specific devices.

I am from the fixed line faults team and I volunteer my time here. Not an official member of the Social Media Team.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 15w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors