Technicolor TG789vn v3 Router Issues

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Technicolor TG789vn v3 Router Issues

by Sonet1791 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (1,903 Views)

New to Vodafone UFB .   Have issues wirth the modem I was supplied

1. Signed up and received totally different Modem, TG789vn V3, than the one advertised on web site, HG659..  The replacement doesnt even have matching specs. Is anyone else in the same boat?
  2. When on Xbox live gettiing randomly disconnected , 3- 4 times per session.  Connected wirelessly, despite the modem being located nearby.  And the the same happens to  my daughters smartphone
  3. Have issues when connecting to Google. " Page not found errors..." Diagnostics say it is Goggles servers which is rubbish

I checked the logs on the modem and have attached the results of this.  Could this be the cause of my problems

Connection error thomson.JPG

Can someAnyA

Any feedback appreciated

Staff Lon
Staff

Re: Technicolor TG789vn v3 Router Issues

[ Edited ]
by Staff Lon Staff
Message 2 of 3 (1,851 Views)

It could be an issue with your physical broadband connection but I'd eliminate Wifi issues first. If the modem is nearby, perhaps it may be worth trying to connect with an Ethernet cable and testing again to see if the issue persists? If there is a cordless phone or anything else near your modem, there may be some interference with your Wifi signal - be sure to position other electronic devices at least 1m away from your modem.

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
New Poster

Re: Technicolor TG789vn v3 Router Issues

by sjm1985 New Poster
Message 3 of 3 (1,840 Views)
Looking at your snapshot I would say that your router dhcp is only leasing ip address for 15mins per session. Then everything connected to your router will have to ask to renew their assigned ip address.

You could set it so your router allocates to permanent ip address (static ip)

To get my tg589 working correctly with my xbox one, I had to turn on "game mode" on the router under firewall settings. (Not sure if urs will have game mode but worth a check)
Posted from Generic Android
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today