Technicolor TC7210 swap out

New Poster
Accepted Solution

Technicolor TC7210 swap out

by OrionPE New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (7,261 Views)

Hi

I have just signed up my folks home with vodafone and received the TC 7210. Im very disapointed with its WiFi signal range, and it dropping the connection every 30 minues. Does anyone know if i can swop it out for the CISCO cable modem? (we have at the other place)

I have my own neatgear router and extenders that work like a dream with the CISCO.

cheers

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Technicolor TC7210 swap out

by Retired Staff EmilyGrace Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (12,598 Views)

Hey @OrionPE

Sounds to me that there might be internfernace si lets see if we can fix it first Smiley Happy

Whenever we have Wi-Fi drops or even Wi-Fi speeds issue or not enough coverage it’s really important we have a play around with our Wi-Fi channels.

Page 57 of this link will show you how to chnage the wifi channel.

http://descargas.mundo-r.com/sites/descargas/files/imce/internet/manual_fabricante_TechnicolorTC7210...

1. Make sure the connection (through Ethernet) between the

Wireless Voice Gateway

and your

computer is OK.

Accessing the Web Configuration The Wireless Voice Gateway offers local management capability through a built

- in HTTP server and a

number of diagnostic and configuration web pages. You can configure the settings on the web

page and

apply them to the device.

Once your host PC is properly configured; please proceed as follows:

1.Start your web browser and type the private IP address of the Wireless Voice Gateway on

the URL field:

After connecting to the device, you will be prompted to enter username and password. By

default, the username is “(empty) ”

and the password is “admin

^Emuily Grace

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎09-12-2015 11:35 AM

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff EmilyGrace Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (12,599 Views)

Hey @OrionPE

Sounds to me that there might be internfernace si lets see if we can fix it first Smiley Happy

Whenever we have Wi-Fi drops or even Wi-Fi speeds issue or not enough coverage it’s really important we have a play around with our Wi-Fi channels.

Page 57 of this link will show you how to chnage the wifi channel.

http://descargas.mundo-r.com/sites/descargas/files/imce/internet/manual_fabricante_TechnicolorTC7210...

1. Make sure the connection (through Ethernet) between the

Wireless Voice Gateway

and your

computer is OK.

Accessing the Web Configuration The Wireless Voice Gateway offers local management capability through a built

- in HTTP server and a

number of diagnostic and configuration web pages. You can configure the settings on the web

page and

apply them to the device.

Once your host PC is properly configured; please proceed as follows:

1.Start your web browser and type the private IP address of the Wireless Voice Gateway on

the URL field:

After connecting to the device, you will be prompted to enter username and password. By

default, the username is “(empty) ”

and the password is “admin

^Emuily Grace

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎09-12-2015 11:35 AM
New Poster

by gitansh New Poster
Message 3 of 4 (3,618 Views)

Hi there,

I have the same TV7210 device,

I have treid various channels both same & different from my neighbouring connections, but still connection keeps on dropping again and again every 15-30 mionutes.

Even on ethernet it keeps on dropping continously.

I think the issue is with the cable(s)...

Please suggest any solution.

Regards,

Gitansh

New Poster

by jokemuss New Poster
Message 4 of 4 (1,520 Views)

Thank you so much for highliting this problem.I have just moved house and Vodafone fitted the TC7210.I have had the same problem but worse.This is odd because with my old router in my double brick house I had no issues.This is a new house with thinner walls.The technician remoted in and said it all looked good.I assured him it wasn't.Then he said it was due to interference -it wasn't .The interference level was acceptable.It is in a room on it's own with no appliances.Eventually he relented and said he would put me through to another dept and arrange a replacement not a TC7210.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today