Technicolor TC7210 Wireless stopped working

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Technicolor TC7210 Wireless stopped working

by MarkWebster Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (953 Views)

Got up this morning to find the wireless function of the Technicolor TC7210 was not working, the wireless light was off.  Tried turning power off/on to reset the modem three times and still had no wireless.

Plugged my laptop directly into one of the LAN ports and was able to access the internet as normal.

Checked forums here and have found others having WIFI issues with this model modem/router.  One person suggested plugging in another router and using its wireless function so I have done this as a work around and now has wireless connectivity.

The Technicolor unit gets VERY warm, my suspicion is that something inside the unit has failed due to the heat and I wouldn't be surprised if the WIFI function of this unit is terminally compromised.

This is a major problem for our family as the location of the cable into the house means that all devices must connect via wireless; we cannot use the Ethernet ports.

I do not expect a response from Vodafone on this issue as I see from other posters having issues with the same unit and a general lack of response there.  I suspect even the Techs know this product is SH1T!!

The answer to this problem is the poor performance of this product, no amount of 'tech support' will make a bad product a good product.  It was a product doomed for eventual failure, I suppose I consider myself lucky that I got nearly 4 years of relatively reliable use.

Community Manager

Re: Technicolor TC7210 Wireless stopped working

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (920 Views)
Sorry to hear, definitely give us a call on 0508 888 800, we can then test and deal with it.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
SJK
New Poster

by SJK New Poster
Message 3 of 5 (736 Views)
What was the resolution to this as I have just experienced the same issue with my TC7210. Have had to resort to LANing it to my old TP-LINK to send wifi.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by MarkWebster Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (718 Views)

Didn't bother getting in touch with Vodafone, I had a wireless range extender which I have switched to being an access point, so using this now for wireless.  It's probably not quite as fast as the in built wireless...BUT...it's way more reliable, the wireless on the TC7210 would fall over maybe once every few weeks and you'd have to restart the unit.

The netcomm wireless access point hasn't had any issues, so can't see the point having vodafone replace the TC7210 with another one that will just end up being equally crap.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 5 (704 Views)
@slk
Outcome was to replace the modem, give us a call on 0508 888 800 and we can run through line check etc to rule out anything else and sort out the issue with your modem.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 33w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors