Sure signal

Highlighted
Regular Poster
Accepted Solution

Sure signal

by Regular Poster Wheelspanner Regular Poster
Message 1 of 6 (451 Views)

Hi 

I am on a RBI wireless network with Vodafone. In my rural area, the cell signal is weak in most parts of the house, (for my pre pay cell phone with Vodafone) except the kitchen and just outside. Vodafone help desk suggests that I should install "sure signal" to improve signal throughout the house. I ordered online &  it arrived 2 days ago. I installed suresignal, the power light was steady after few minutes,  but the Internet light was cycling (trying to initialise) for ever. Somewhere in the forum I read it may take up to 4 hours, depending on the download speed. (I did a speed test, which was a decent 7 Mbps)

24 hours have passed, still sure signal unit is trying to initialise. Did a reset on the black button at the back & cycled the power to modem. Still no joy.

can you suggest a trick?

Posted from Apple iPad

Accepted Solutions
Regular Poster

Re: Sure signal

Message 6 of 6 (483 Views)

My "SureSignal" order number: OS814296604

Item proven to be non-compatible with my set up, for cell signal boosting. (Enough was talked about this earlier).

Item returned to VF, acknowledement receipt sent to me on 2/6/2017

Called VF several times regarding refund, enverytime spending quite sometime on the phone, last promise was VF will ring you "tomorrow", that was well over month ago, but that call never came through.

Today again I am on the phone line to VF to talk about the refund for suresignal, while listening to the endless VF music on line, I am composing this email.

I am prepared to PM anyone with any further detail, if you are prepared to help me with the refund.

Cheers

Wheel

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Wheelspanner
‎20-07-2017 12:48 PM

All Replies
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 6 (445 Views)

So your internet is still working ok? 

Sometimes the RBI antenna decides to connect to the SureSignal as it's getting a better signal from that than the actual cell tower, then it creates an infinite loop of nothingness.

I'd suggest to get in touch with business technical team on 0800 400 888 who can troubleshoot SureSignal issues and see if they can get it running for you. 

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Regular Poster

Message 3 of 6 (439 Views)

So your internet is still working ok?

Yes.

Desktop hard wired via ethernet cable from modem works fine.

Other devices (iPad) connected via wireless (from modem) works fine. hence i presume Modem (HUAWEI B315s-607) is at no fault.

Just managed to contact Vodafone (business technical team on 0800 400 888), she advised me to give suresignal a "reset" and wait for an hour for it to initialise (which I had already done, anyway this morning).

OK, fine, gave it another reset and waiting again.

Will post my progress tomorrow.

Cheers.

Regular Poster

Message 4 of 6 (430 Views)

More than 3 hours lapsed since the SURE SIGNAL was last reset. Still I see no improvement. Done some read up on other technical forums, on this subject..

Read below what one expert commented about Sure signal, sometime ago.

"Issue with SureSignal over RBI is the RBI router can lock on to the SureSignal creating loopback. We have seen this happen in some areas where a neighbour has slow DSL1 running a SureSignal and RBI router locking on to this signal. In your case, if the RBI router locked on to a SureSignal plugged into itself, it would get caught in a continuous loopback."

I wonder whether my problem is connected to this phenomena, rather than a bad / defective SURE SIGNAL unit.

Can I hear from VF Tech experts about this, before I rush packing up this unit for returning to VF?

Posted from Apple iPad
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 5 of 6 (425 Views)

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. If this had happened to you, your internet from your RBI wouldn't work, so that issue is in relation to RBI not working, instead of the SureSignal, I'd suggest one last try ringing the business tech team again to see if anymore can be done, otherwise unfortunately you may need to return it. 

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Regular Poster

Message 6 of 6 (484 Views)

My "SureSignal" order number: OS814296604

Item proven to be non-compatible with my set up, for cell signal boosting. (Enough was talked about this earlier).

Item returned to VF, acknowledement receipt sent to me on 2/6/2017

Called VF several times regarding refund, enverytime spending quite sometime on the phone, last promise was VF will ring you "tomorrow", that was well over month ago, but that call never came through.

Today again I am on the phone line to VF to talk about the refund for suresignal, while listening to the endless VF music on line, I am composing this email.

I am prepared to PM anyone with any further detail, if you are prepared to help me with the refund.

Cheers

Wheel

Solution
Accepted by topic author Wheelspanner
‎20-07-2017 12:48 PM
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today