Sure Signal

Starter Poster

Sure Signal

by DanielSoutham Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (251 Views)
Please help - purchased second hand sure signal. Plugged in and it worked great. next day... stopped working. wont connect. Farmside fixed line broadband connection. Called Vodafone - told me to do a hard reset, holding button and pulling power. Then told me to go to portforward.com and look it up. I found some obscure section that said to create a static IP and open lots of ports on my router. Did this but it does not work still. The device has a flashing red power light and two yellow lights on solid. According to router it is sending and receiving packets, although sending more than it gets. ALso worth noting is I have Norton 360 Premier - it has a firewall which is hard to work out. not sure if it is blocking it. I have tried turning off firewall on router also and turning sure signal off/on again, but after couple minutes it just goes back to flashing it's power light.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Sure Signal

by DanielSoutham Starter Poster
Message 2 of 2 (250 Views)
I was nervous about messing with command prompts and static IP settings etc. may have messed it up. Was funny that Vodafone person told me to phone them while I was next to device.... sorry lady but I have had to buy one of these things because Im paying a fortune for a phone plan that I cannot use at home because I have no signal! ! ! ! ! !
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 30w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor