Static route on Vodafone Ultra Hub

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Static route on Vodafone Ultra Hub

[ Edited ]
by Xyrvyre New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,052 Views)

I'm having trouble getting static routes to work on the Vodafone Ultra Hub. 

I currently have two routers connected to each other (the Ultra Hub + an Almond+). The Ultra Hub is connected to the Vodafone FIbreX modem, and the Almond is then connected to one of the Ultra Hub's LAN ports.Capture.PNG

Static routing is listed as an option in the Ultra Hub's configuration, so I enter the network 10.10.10.0 and the mask 255.255.255.0, along with a gateway IP of 192.168.1.2, as that the next hop IP. I select a metric of 1. I save the rule and enable it.

No matter what I do, a device within the 192.168.1.0/24 network cannot ping a device within the 10.10.10.0/24 network. Instead, it is routed through the Ultra Hub's default gateway (tracert confirms this).

I suspect that this is because the route is not actually being applied. If I check the Routing section under Status & Support, I can't see my route listed at all.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in the Ultra Hub's firmware?

Staff

Re: Static route on Vodafone Ultra Hub

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 2 of 4 (862 Views)

The static routing on the UltraHub is designed for a scenario with multiple WAN (uplink) connections, so won't help in your case. You can't create a route towards the LAN.

Starter Poster

by PeterWilson Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (638 Views)

I have the same problem.  Naturally the Vodafone Ninja said  the Ultra Hub does the kind of static routing I needed before I signed up.  After discovering the actual truth and the fact I could not see what Internet threats Vodafone was protecting me from, I decided they could not be trusted.  I have added a firewall between me and the Ultra Hub with NATing.  That solves the problem since the Firwall understands the internal routing perfectly (both for IPv4 and IPv6).  I have decided to do as little as humanly possible with the Ultra Hub as its so buggy and do everything on equipment I control.  

Just my 2cents worth.

Peter

Starter Poster

by MarkHeyman Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)

Same issue here.....using US VPN that requires a LAN interface with Static routing, no can do apparently? I'm not a Ninja at all....is this fixable at all or we have to change routers from the Ultrahub?

Cheers

Mark

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors