Replace my UFB Router

Starter Poster

Replace my UFB Router

by BigMikeNZ Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (316 Views)

Hi,

I am going to replace my Vodafone Home Hub / WiFi router with a new Cisco device.  I have UFB installed and I have a Home Phone that runs from the VOIP port on my Router.  My new Router does not have a VOIP / Phone port.  What are my options, can the phone be run from the ONT or should I just cancel the home phone?  I know Spark land lines run from the ONT POTS port but not sure about Vodafone.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Mike

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Replace my UFB Router

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (300 Views)

Hi Mike,

It's not possible to run your home phone through the ONT POTS port with us. 

If you don't have a particular need for it, then you may be better of cancelling the homephone to be honest. 

You could look at another VOIP service or we also offer a service called Local Number on Mobile, where all calls are diverted straight to your mobile if you are needing a landline number for people to call you on.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Starter Poster

by BigMikeNZ Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

Perfect, thanks for letting me know.  I thought that would be the answer but wanted to double check.

I will cancel my Landline, which will save money and stop those sales calls we all love so much.

Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)

I've just double checked, the only other thing you could do, is plug the HG659 into one of the LAN ports on your Cisco modem, and just disable the wifi on the HG659. Obviously that means running a modem just for the phone to work though.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today