Read Me: HG659 Port Forwarding

Frequent Poster

Re: Read Me: HG659 Port Forwarding

by Frequent Poster floydbloke Frequent Poster
Message 21 of 43 (23,912 Views)

OK, so unfortunately no suggestions as to why the port forwarding stops working at random.

What I did discover yesterday is that the frimware on my router is V100R001C206B010Demo5, whereas the current stock version appears to be V100R001C206B013.

I'd be keen to update, even if it doesn't fix my issue, to at least be current and rule that out as the cause.  Any chance of getting hold of the latest firmware file please?

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Ex-TimA Retired Staff
Message 22 of 43 (23,903 Views)

Hi,

I will see about getting it to you.

Will ened to login to the admin page. Will Pm the details when i find them.

Cheers

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team.
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster liannez Frequent Poster
Message 23 of 43 (23,751 Views)

Thank you for the excellent guide. I've had to set up a static IP on my xbox one for Destiny since I've been having disconnect issues, and I had to forward ports. However, three ports Destiny needs can't be forwarded for some reason. These ports are: 7547, 8443, 8080. Do you have any idea why the HG659 wouldn't allow me to forward these?

New Poster

by WillCurd New Poster
Message 24 of 43 (23,699 Views)

Similar issue with me. Trying to get the xbox one net work to be more reliable and can forward ports 53 or 500 as instucted by microsoft.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster liannez Frequent Poster
Message 25 of 43 (23,676 Views)

Yep I'm STILL having issues with gaming with Destiny after trying to apply all fixes I could find online, and talking to Vodafone support. Anyway, in addition to the ports I mentioned above, I also (like the above poster) can't forward 53 or 500. Would really appreciate a timely reply on this.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by tmchapman Starter Poster
Message 26 of 43 (23,608 Views)

Its seems like Port 53 and Port 500 are reserved ports. 

As they are already in use. On the drop down list you will see IPSEC (Port 500) and DNS (Port 53).

However you need port 53 to be UDP and TCP and the one on the drop down list is only one of them. Cant remember which 

one. So far I am been looking on site on a guide or admin account to be able to change those settings. 

Might try this when I get home to see if it will work on the HG659b

https://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Modems-home-Wi-Fi/Read-Me-Port-Forwarding-on-the-HG556A-Vodafone...

New Poster

by pilotto New Poster
Message 27 of 43 (8,438 Views)

Hi

Upgraded recently to UFB. I'm trying to forward ports for IP Cameras The HG659 completes the port forwarding process as described - but the ports do not open. (error on Open Port Check Tool). I have tried most things including a range of different port addresses, restarting the HG659 (including unplugging and leaving), deleting and setting up port mapping again, disabling any firewalls, changing host from camera to pc etc.

I'm at a loss as to why it simply won't open ports? My local PC is wifi to the HG659 (not connected directly) - would that make a difference somehow.

UPnP is enabled

Devices have DHCP Reservation (static IP assigned) - including local PC

any help appreciated. I'm no expert - but I'm sure I'm doing everthing correctly - it just wont open any ports when you test on canyouseeme.org

I have a dyndns address so I can remotely access cameras.

Starter Poster

by cdub Starter Poster
Message 28 of 43 (8,150 Views)

Have issues forwarding ports as well. I've followed the instructions and have used Open Port Check to verify and the ports are not opening. My PC has a static ip and I've also tried rebooting the router and that didn't help. Software version is V100R001C206B013. Any ideas?

New Poster

by phonoflux New Poster
Message 29 of 43 (5,106 Views)

Well what do you know, top google result for "hg659 stops port forwarding". Appologies for reviving an older post, will create a new one if necessary Smiley Happy

I've got VDSL and I'm having the same issues described in this thread where port forwarding is setup, works, verified by http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and other sites and also testing the service via connecting to that port via mobile broadband.

Fast forward a few days and it will stop. No amount of turning the port fowrard on or off fixes anything. I've spoken to support who turned off the only option they had available to them which was some sort of router automatic configuration refresh and no dice.

The default open ports 80 and 443 always work as these point to the router itself. I've got open ports going to 3 different machines on the network here and all eventually stop working. I was going to get up a 'telnet to the port every half an hour' and may still do that but it will only tell me approximately when it goes down and not solve the problem.

Router reports software version V100R001C206B013. Appreciate any assistance as this is driving me up the wall!

New Poster

by Rhysbow91 New Poster
Message 30 of 43 (4,675 Views)
Hey, I have a HG556a. I'm trying to figure out how to get my NAT type on my Xbox one from Strict to open. iv been online for most of the afternoon but not much is helping and technical support wasn't much help either.. I know alot of it is to do with my ip address but I'm not having much luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted from Samsung SM-G900I
Stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today