Click on Forwarding.

forwarding.png

Under Port Mapping

port mapping.png

Click "New Port Mapping"

new port mapping.png

You will see a screen like this:

add new rule.png

Add a name to identify the forwarding rule.

Click "Add port mapping application" You will have a pop up like this:

apps of port map.png

Scroll to the bottom, Press "Add Port Application" Image below is what will show.

settings.png

Fill out accordingly. Press save when done. The box will dissapear. Should look like below:

asdasd.png

Select the newly mapped port from the drop down.

listy.png

Select the internal host. (Local PC)*

internal host.png

Give the newly created map a name and press save!

Should look like below.

end.png

There you go, That should be working. Check Here.

Lets test mine!

yay.png

Yay!!

Importaint things to know:

The helpdesk will not be able to assist you with this, If you have any questions feel free to ask below and we will do our best to answer. This is a guide and may not work for you.

*You may want to assign a static IP to your local PC for best results. You will need to assign a static lease under Home Network>LAN Interface>DHCP Reservation>Create New Static Lease.

I used uTorrent as an example for port forwarding.

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team.
Senior Contributor

Re: Read Me: HG659 Port Forwarding

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 43 (36,750 Views)

I'm at a bit of a loss here Tim with this section

"Importaint things to know:

The helpdesk will not be able to assist you with this,......"

Isn't this a custom product by VF NZ, built to VF's specifications? There sould be full help desk support for anything to do with this product.

edit - removed unrelated copy and paste

Staff Lon
Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Lon Staff
Message 3 of 43 (36,736 Views)

gregmcc wrote:

Isn't this a custom product by VF NZ, built to VF's specifications? There sould be full help desk support for anything to do with this product.

Hi Greg - Your message is a little confusing and I suspect it's missing some quotation marks somewhere, but the answer to your question is in the last part of your post. No, this product is a Huawei standard product with firmware personalized for Vodafone. We do not support 3rd party networking issues outside of ensuring your broadband connection is running as expected.

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 43 (36,707 Views)

Sorry, edited previous post to remove the excess copy and paste.

I can't find any product information anywhere regarding the HG659, it doesn't even seem to be a valid product from Huawei, can you point me to a link giving me details please.

As far as the personalized firmware for VF I assume you mean that you've locked certain things to the VF network, much like some cell phones are locked a particular provider?
Starter Poster

by minfred Starter Poster
Message 5 of 43 (36,683 Views)
This is not a cheap solution, but it will eliminate your port forwarding need: buy your own router of choice, connect a LAN port from the HG659 to the WAN port of the new device, disable wireless and DHCP on the HG659 and configure your router of choice to your heart's content. I have reverted to my Netgear D6300 because of i) issues with variable wireless signal strength with HG659 and ii) limited address reservation slots.

If you want, you can keep the HG659 wireless on to provide restricted access to the rest of your network behind the second router, e.g. for guests to have internet access only.
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Ex-TimA Retired Staff
Message 6 of 43 (36,658 Views)

Interesting approach, The HG659 has a DHCP table for 253 users by default. I wouldnt think anyone will be running that amount of devices from 1 router. It port forwards fine and WiFI is fine when it works. I have had good feedback with people using Air Ports as Standalone WiFi routers using the HG659's DHCP. I just reserved every device on my networks history an IP address, That being around 30. You do need to have the device on your network before reserving the local IPv4 Address..

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team.
Starter Poster

by minfred Starter Poster
Message 7 of 43 (36,632 Views)

Tried that - router locked up after I set static IP's for 10 devices (maybe I couldn't find the next page button on the reservation page). The other issue that I had was that the wireless connection speed was all over the place - the Netgear router signal is much more stable and has greater range - and I happened to have it handy from when I was running ADSL.

Starter Poster

by mikeullrich Starter Poster
Message 8 of 43 (36,097 Views)

Hi,

I have just got UFB up and running at my house with the HG659 (V100R001C206B013).

Previously I had a Thompson ADSL2 modem from Telecom connected to a Netgear WNDR3700 router which did all the smarts.   I have connected the HG650 LAN port 1 to my Netgear.    

Internet is working, however my port forwarding is not.   I would like to port forward to enable RDP access to my home server.   I have created a RDP mapping for port 3389 on UDP / TCP that forwards to the Netgear router using its MAC address (I am unable to assign its IP address with this firmware).

My issue is that it does not actually forward.   I have set this up on othe modems, but the HG659 just does not seem to pass on the packets.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

Mike

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Ex-TimA Retired Staff
Message 9 of 43 (35,992 Views)

Hi

Few days late for a reply sorry.

If you use the open port checker with your PC and the rule forwarded to the PC does it work?

If so go back from there and test if the router itself has a static IP and forwardede on the HG659.

When bridging like that it can get difficult.

Starter Poster

by mikeullrich Starter Poster
Message 10 of 43 (35,931 Views)

Thanks for the advice TimA.

For some strange reason it started working properly the next day.  I was using it to port forward for remote RDP port that it using a dynamic dns service.   It should not have been related to the TTL of the DNS record, but my best guess was that it may have been due to that.

Thanks.

Stats
  • 42 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today