PSN error CE-39935-9 and related troubles

Highlighted
New Poster

PSN error CE-39935-9 and related troubles

by Mazlins New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (2,544 Views)

Just got a new PS4, trying to set up my PSN account but I kept getting the above error when trying to connect to the PSN to begin creating the account.

This reminded me of when I was trying to check the prices of certain games on the Playstation Store from my laptop and it also wouldn't connect to the store, so I tried to create a PSN account from my laptop and ran into the following error

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2.0/oauth/authorize?" on this server.

Reference #18.7f346d68.1492685430.656f244

Sony says its a problem with the router so to test this I turned on my phones mobile hotspot, connected to that (both PS4 and laptop), and found I was able to connect to the PSN on both devices.

Obviously this is not a viable long term solution so is there any settings changes I can make to my Netcomm Wireless NF5 router to get it to work with PSN?

Thanks

Vodafone Ninja

Re: PSN error CE-39935-9 and related troubles

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (2,484 Views)

Pretty strange error, if it was common it would show up here in community for sure. 

What TCP/IP settings are you running in the NF5 atm? Voda/Telstra DNS settings or something else? I don't know a lot about PS but can give it my best shot. 

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Aidanp Frequent Poster
Message 3 of 4 (2,482 Views)

The error codecomes up as that the playstation network is busy whcih means the servers are down or are undergoiunig maintanence. The error on your laptop, i had the same problem, it was to do with the playstation servers blocking my ip address, so i requested it to get it changed which solved the problem

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Aidanp Frequent Poster
Message 4 of 4 (2,387 Views)

As i have said, i had the same problem and that it was something to do with my IP address being blocked from Playstation servers. To fix this you should contact your interent service provider and req to change your ip. That is how i fixed my problem, and that is the only way aswell

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today