Orion SC201 security camera remote access/view with Vodafone Home Hub HG659

Starter Poster

Re: Orion SC201 security camera remote access/view with Vodafone Home Hub HG659

[ Edited ]
by paultormey Starter Poster
Message 11 of 16 (1,155 Views)

Thanks Josh,

Now comes the true test on whether I can remotely (via your 3G network) connect from the Oricam android phone app back to the Orion Security camera at home.

Will let you know how that goes when I get home later today.

Business Ninja Initiate

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate
Message 12 of 16 (1,153 Views)

Hi Paul,

thank you for the confirmation. however i assume you have done the necessary port forwarding for your security camera? since you have security camera, personally recommend you having static IP (unless your current IP never changed)

Please call the contact centre if urgent as will come off and on during my breaks, lunch, or idle time or my roster day off to help out on the forums

Somethings that i mention on the forum is purely my personal findings through troubleshooting with customers that rang in and doesnt mean it works for them it works for you.

Josh

Fixed Line and Fixed Broadband Agent, Vodafone NZ Ltd

0800 438 448
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 16 (1,142 Views)

No this doesn't need port forwarding as the application according to suppliers Oron uses dynamic ports.

They also insist that there is no special config required on the router for the app to coonect.

Has me confused and I don't want to pay extra each month for a dedicated IP address with Vodafone.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 14 of 16 (1,119 Views)

Is the resolution Internet Services DDNS and setting up the remote domain server for this application?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 16 (2,792 Views)

Problem solved...the APN settings needed to be configured on the Mobile device - Samsung S3 in our case.

The need for all the changes and upgrades on the routers was NOT required.

The solution to accessing our home based WIFI Security camera from the remote APP on the phone was just defining the correct APN settings.

This was picked up as being the issue and resolved bu the helpful staff at Vodafone Sylvia Park.

Solution
Accepted by HamishT (Retired Staff)
‎19-01-2016 03:52 PM
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 16 of 16 (939 Views)

Hi Paul

Good to hear that's sorted. Very rare to have an issue updating the firmware on the HG659 but it can happen as with any firmware upgrade. The APN settings in the phone will need to be there for the phone to access the internet using the sim card, it's the sort of thing that you only need to set up once and it will keep working.

You may want to grab our smartphone app called My Vodafone so you can keep track of your data usage on the phone. Details on our site here - http://www.vodafone.co.nz/using-myvodafone/

Cheers

Dylan

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today