Orion SC201 security camera remote access/view with Vodafone Home Hub HG659

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Orion SC201 security camera remote access/view with Vodafone Home Hub HG659

by paultormey Starter Poster
Message 1 of 16 (1,840 Views)

Installed Orion Wi-Fi Network Camera SC201 and working locally using either wired LAN or Wi-Fi connections.

Oricam android application installed on Samsung Mobile S III and working when using WiFi at home. However, unable to connect when using the 3G Vodafone NZ Network.

Is there anything that I have to configure on my HG659 network hub? Firewal, IPSEC...etc?

I have been in contact with Orion Australia and they insist that the problem is on the Vodafone supplied HG659 Home Hub.

I have tried setting the port forwarding (as per blog HG659 Port Forwarding by EX-TimA) but not sure which ports to put in the external or internal port lists. In fact, not sure if that is the solution for my problem.

Look forward to the group's advice.

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Orion SC201 security camera remote access/view with Vodafone Home Hub HG659

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 16 (2,473 Views)

Problem solved...the APN settings needed to be configured on the Mobile device - Samsung S3 in our case.

The need for all the changes and upgrades on the routers was NOT required.

The solution to accessing our home based WIFI Security camera from the remote APP on the phone was just defining the correct APN settings.

This was picked up as being the issue and resolved bu the helpful staff at Vodafone Sylvia Park.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by HamishT (Retired Staff)
‎19-01-2016 03:52 PM

All Replies
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 16 (1,879 Views)

So what has happened with this incident?

Why has Vodafone gone quiet?

I am having issues with my HG659 and getting a replacement is proving to be a real issue.

My replacement order was placed on Sunday and the track & trace is still NOT assigned on Tuesday midday.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 16 (1,910 Views)

I placed an order on Sunday for a replacement HG659 router.

The operator raised the priority (exactly how, I don't know) and insisted that I would have a Track & Trace number available early Monday. I reminded her that the Monday (4th Jan) was a public holiday in New Zealand. She was adamant that that would not be an issue and the T&T would be available for me to follow up on Monday morning.

Well off course that was all typical nonsense (I should use more demonstrable language, but...) and when contacting them on Tuesday at 09:00 they still had the case as "in progress".

What the heck does "in progress" mean. Has it been allocated yet to a body to action, has it been passed on to the courier company etc. Seems to me nothing has been done at all in 2 days!

The original problem that started all of this was a security camera(Orion SC201) that I have installed. The camera works like a charm when installed and we are able to access the pictures from the Oricam Android app on our Samsung phone.

The app works so long as we're in the home WiFi zone. Try and access the service via the Vodafone 3G network and nothing happens. Can't connect to the camera which is sitting behind my home Vodafone supplied HG659 router.

Now I spent over a week shuttling between Orion (Arlec.com.au) Huawei and Vodafone. Both Orion and Huawei insist that the issue is with the HG659 router.

Eventually Vodafone support say that we need to upgrade to their latest firmware. So we try and update the firmware using HG659-13V100R001C206B019 bin library from Vodafone. Whoops...in the middle of updating and no response from the router. Tried everything bar hitting it with a hammer!

And that's how we got to ordering the replacement router.

But of course why does Vodafone think that this requires 3-5 working days to supply? For g'sake...I'll drive to their depot and collect the unit just get one allocated. With the amount that we pay every month and the service we're getting it's absolutely shocking.

Service...heard of that? Don't think Vodafone have...maybe it's time for a 2 degree or Spark!

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 16 (2,059 Views)

Initial upgrade went to LaLa land.

After almost an hour waiting I gave up and power recycled but still no luck.

I can't connect at all to the router. The LAN light comes on when I connect using ethernet from my PC but that;s it.

The router just won't talk back,

Vodafone have tried remotely accessing the router butit's not answering.

What now?

Business Ninja Initiate

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate
Message 5 of 16 (2,057 Views)

Hi Paultormey,

are you upgrading the firmware?can you please PM me the serial number if you are upgrading the vodafone modem firmware?thank you

Please call the contact centre if urgent as will come off and on during my breaks, lunch, or idle time or my roster day off to help out on the forums

Somethings that i mention on the forum is purely my personal findings through troubleshooting with customers that rang in and doesnt mean it works for them it works for you.

Josh

Fixed Line and Fixed Broadband Agent, Vodafone NZ Ltd

0800 438 448
Highlighted
Business Ninja Initiate

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 16 (1,906 Views)

HI paultromey,

its me again. apology for the experience that you have there. however yes you are correct that monday is a public holiday in NZ and a feedback will be pass on to that agent. 

can you please PM me your account number / landline number (DO NOT post it here)? and i will try to organize next day delivery and same day hopefully if you PM me in the next 15mins and will organize it same day hopefully in auckland. 

thank you 

hope to hear from you soon

Please call the contact centre if urgent as will come off and on during my breaks, lunch, or idle time or my roster day off to help out on the forums

Somethings that i mention on the forum is purely my personal findings through troubleshooting with customers that rang in and doesnt mean it works for them it works for you.

Josh

0800 438 448
Business Ninja Initiate

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 16 (1,874 Views)

HI paultormey,

please PM me as per your other post. will appreciate if you can please refrain from starting new post with different titles to get attention. 

please PM as per my request (on your other posts) 

thank you 

Josh

0800 438 448
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 16 (2,022 Views)

Hi Josh,

By the way this problem is NOT solved.

My router has been replaced but the replacement router has the same 'older' firmware installed.

SO I will be faced with the challenge of upgrading my new router to the latest firmware.

And by the way, how are we supposed to PM you? Email? WHat's your emailid?

Business Ninja Initiate

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 16 (2,018 Views)

Hi Paul.

please personal message me on this forum with your account number and the serial number of the modem we sent you. 

please do not post any personal information here. 

thank you

Josh

0800 438 448
Business Ninja Initiate

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 16 (1,998 Views)

Hi Paul.

the modem is now upgraded to V100R001C206B019 .

apology for the inconvenience.

thank you for your patience. 

Josh

0800 438 448
Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today