Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Modem signal drops out/in in 5g network

[ Edited ]
by Contributor jamtarts Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (634 Views)

Hi

For over a week i have been experiencing drop outs/in on the 5G network on the ultra hub for pc connection, will not stay stable. I have done diagnose this network and it comes back as 'problem with wireless adapter or access point - not fixed

I have turned off/unplugged for 5 mins, turn back on and get the same issues, the other channel for wireless works fine but a lot lot slower....

One thing I did think was strange was the the network was set to public network (which I never do.. always private) since last Monday, it would not let me change back to private (i seemed to be blocked out of that option or it was not showing on the settings page where you can change)  It took till the Wed night to be able to change, but still have the initial problem

Are there any suggestions that could help me please.

PS I dont have the time available to be put on hold for customer service call.

Thanks

Should also point out that i sometimes get a message asking me to re-login as the settings have changed since last login, i didnt re-login but i was reconnected but with dropping out/in still an issue. I live in Wanganui area.

Staff

Re: Modem signal drops out/in in 5g network

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 2 of 4 (625 Views)

Hi There

From what you have described to me it seems to be like a Wireless driver issue on the client device

best would be is to try and get the most updated wireless drivers for the Wifi Card on the device and check.

I assume you don't have another access point/extender with the same name setup in the house except for the Ultrahub.

Also the interesting thing you mentioned was " Should also point out that I sometimes get a message asking me to re-login as the settings have changed since the last login, I didn't re-login but I was reconnected but with dropping out/in still an issue" which suggests that there might be another extender/AP with the Same SSID or a wireless adapter on the device.

the Router works according to a set standard. The only time you will have issues like slow or dropping signal is when you have interference.

It will also start dropping if there are 2 devices with the same SSID transmitting as the device ( eg laptop or phone) will try to latch on to the one that has the better signal strength. 

drop me a PM with your UH serial number and I can check and see what seems to be going on.

regards

Dilhan Bowatte

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Contributor

Message 3 of 4 (616 Views)

PM sent

Contributor

Message 4 of 4 (579 Views)

A quick update for others experiencing similar

After a few back and forth PM's with Dilhan, we managed to come to a possible root cause and method to eliminate said cause.

Dilhan.... again, I really appreciated your patience and dedication to resolve my issue... Thank You

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors