Huawei HG659: Disable remote/local access to my modem page when using my IP address not 192.168.1.1

Starter Poster

Huawei HG659: Disable remote/local access to my modem page when using my IP address not 192.168.1.1

by Haydz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (2,958 Views)

Hi, Is it possible to disable remote / local access to my modem's gateway page when using the full IP address.

I'm looking to setup a small web server on my network and whenever I go to my home IP address it takes me to the modems gateway page.

I would still like to be able to access my modem @ 192.168.1.1 but not when typing in my network's IP address.

Once that has been done I will then make my main IP address forward to 192.168.1.6 Smiley Happy.

Modem: Huawei HG659

What I've tried:

Logged into 'Admin' account, gone to remote management section & disabled 'Enable remote management:' but I can still connect VIA my main IP, is there anything else I have to disable? 

Thanks, Hopefully this is quite easily.

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Huawei HG659: Disable remote/local access to my modem page when using my IP address not 192.168.

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (2,828 Views)

Hi there and welcome to the Community!

In regards to defaulting to the gateway page, I'm pretty sure the only way to do it is by changing the default modem IP address prior to making the changes which doesn't quite achieve what you were hoping to do there. Unfortunately though, there's no way that I know of personally on how to prioritise if theres a conflict in IP addresses. This is less to do with the modem itself and more to do with knowledge on networks.

Hopefully that helps narrow things down a little though!

Cheers

Starter Poster

Re: Huawei HG659: Disable remote/local access to my modem page when using my IP address not 192.168.

by Haydz Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (2,812 Views)

Hi there, thanks for the response and the warm welcome.

Regarding "I'm pretty sure the only way to do it is by changing the default modem IP address" - Do you have any idea how this is done? Thinking again about my situation this could probably work.

Thanks, Hayden

Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 4 of 4 (2,794 Views)

Hey!

Yep, should be under "Home Network">"LAN Interface">"LAN Interface Settings">"IP Address">Set new IP address then click "Save". I can't remember if the modem will reboot though and if it doesn't, maybe do that via power button, 2 mins etc etc Smiley Happy

Cheers

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today