Huawei HG659 Bridge Mode

New Poster

Re: Huawei HG659 Bridge Mode

by StevenEllis New Poster
Message 41 of 66 (564 Views)

I've been trying to setup a device in bridge mode based on the guide and I keep getting the following error

PPPoA can support only one PPP connection.

Firmware version V100R001C206B020

Any ideas where I might be going wrong. Device has

• Wifi Disabled
  • Static IP
  • No DHCP
  • No Routes
  • Disabled Remote management
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 42 of 66 (556 Views)

@StevenEllis If you're seeing errors related to PPP it sounds like you're using ADSL, which isn't supported for bridge mode. If you're using PPP on VDSL, then don't - use DHCP instead.

Starter Poster

by TrevorWatson Starter Poster
Message 43 of 66 (405 Views)

Hey @ChrisVF,

I am on Cable and am trying to get this to work.

Do you leave the VLAN as 10  and 802.1p as 0 in the Wan Bridge?

I have set up my connected router with my static IP details, I am sending packets but none are coming in/back? I am at a loss.

WAN.JPG

Staff

by Staff MsChaoticX Staff
Message 44 of 66 (402 Views)

I have my HG659 plugged in and from a LAN port there I ran a cable to Sparks HG659b LAN port (spare one I had laying around)

I then disabled DHCP in my HG659b and gave it an ip address outside my HG659's network. Works perfectly fine.

Found it an easier alternative to bridge mode.

I can look into any issues you're having with bridge mode though, i'm just lazy with my home network.

-Becka

Trained in the art of assassinating your tech issues ~ Official Vodafone Ninja
Starter Poster

Message 45 of 66 (396 Views)

I have a few ports open to the internet (RDP,HTTP, FTP,), I have this all set up on a D-Link router that was on my old motorola cable modem and I want all data sent to and the static address assigned to this router so I dont have to try and replicate it on a new router.

I there is a easier way to do this i'm all ears Smiley Happy

Staff

by Staff MsChaoticX Staff
Message 46 of 66 (380 Views)

I came in halfway through the convo so what exactly are you wanting to do?

Late night technical support shifts make Becka a sleepy one.

-Becka

Trained in the art of assassinating your tech issues ~ Official Vodafone Ninja
Starter Poster

Message 47 of 66 (374 Views)

Ok, In a nutshell

I have a new static IP assingned from Vodafone, I am tring to foward all traffic from that to my D-Link Router

I have done the below that Chris put up but my router is not reciving any data

Her is my HG659 setup

WAN.JPG

Re: Huawei HG659 Bridge Mode[ Edited ]

Here's the guts of setting up bridge mode, will try to get this written up a bit nicer (@MikeHales?). This method will give you full bridge mode as well as a reserved IP to access from another LAN port. Supports VDSL, Fibre and FibreX, does not support ADSL.

1. Disconnect the WAN connection (VDSL or ethernet to ONT / cable modem)
  2. Connect your PC via cable directly to the HG659.
  3. Log on as Admin (not vodafone).
  4. Internet -> Internet Settings: Delete all of the profiles except the connection you want (eg VDSL)
  5. Internet -> Internet Settings: Edit that profile, change connection type to Bridged, change Service type to Internet only (untick TR069 & Voice). It will show disconnected, don't worry about that.
  6. Internet -> Network security -> Firewall: disable the firewall
  7. Home Network -> WLAN settings -> WLAN Encryption: Untick the 2.4 & 5GHz WLAN SSID on the WLAN encryption section. Doing it here rather than under the Basic Settings means that the physical button on the unit won't reenable wifi.
  8. Home Network -> LAN Interface: Turn off UPNP, IPv6 DHCP Server and DHCP Server (IPv4)
  9. You should still be connected. If not, you'll need to set your PC to a static IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 range, eg 192.168.1.123
  10. Home Network -> LAN Interface -> LAN Interface Settings: Set a LAN IP, say to 192.168.200.200 that won't conflict with anything.
  11. Now if you ever want to reconnect to the router, you'll need to set a static IP on your computer to something like 192.168.200.100/24, and connect physically into the router, and browse to 192.168.200.200.

Yell out if you have any problems or if something is unclear.

/chris

Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 48 of 66 (338 Views)

You don't have to use bridge mode to do what you're after - you could just run both routers and double-NAT (as @MsChaoticX suggests, but may be fiddly with your port forwards) or replicate the relevant settings on your D-Link if supported (easiest way if so).

If you do want to go with the bridge mode method, and followed the earlier advice, then things to check: You should leave it as VLAN=10 and802.1p=0. Not sure why you've configured a static IP on your D-Link, you should just be requesting via DHCP and the network will dish the same IP each time (this should be how the HG659 was setup, but if not then let us know - maybe you've got some special setup I'm not aware of).

Starter Poster

Message 49 of 66 (329 Views)

I have tried DHCP and configering static on my D-Link, when on DHCP no address is assigned and when static is configered it shows as connected but no packets come in, My D-Link does not have VLAN Tagging so that option is out Smiley Sad . I have set up double-NAT on a couple of the ports as a workround but would prefir the D-Link control the traffic.

Starter Poster

Message 50 of 66 (310 Views)

Hey Guys,

Done it again tonight but bit by bit

Stats
  • 65 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 9 Kudos
  • 15 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today