How to set up ethernet with a adsl modem whilst using a vdsl modem

New Poster

How to set up ethernet with a adsl modem whilst using a vdsl modem

by DorisTheWalrus New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)
Currently i have too many things using the wifi on both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz i am using a vdsl modem (ultra hub) for the wifi,but i want to have my ps4 in the lounge connected via ethernet but the problem is that i have the modem in another room so i tried connecting a old adsl modem/router by using a phone jack and i set up the modem like you would. After i connected every up including the ps4 with ethernet but when i turned the old adsl modem on it didnt get internet and interfered with the vdsl modem with both wifi connection and internet connection to the vdsl modem. So my question is how do set up the ethernet when not connected to the vdsl modem or is there no way.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Senior Contributor

Re: How to set up ethernet with a adsl modem whilst using a vdsl modem

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)
You can't have to modems plugged in to the phone line. You will need to run Ethernet cable from VDSL modern to your PS4.
Posted from Samsung SM-G950F
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How to set up ethernet with a adsl modem whilst using a vdsl modem

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Get a pair of these. They work almost as good as ethernet to the PS4 and saves you running a cable

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/shop/accessoryDetails.jsp?selectionKey=accessory&menuKey=&skuId=sku155103...

They are a wifi bridge.

Modem-----cable----Extender - - - - - - wifi - - - -  - - - extender----cable----ps4

It works great for a gaming console you cant get a pyhsical cable to.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors