HG659 not suitable for FibreX

Starter Poster

HG659 not suitable for FibreX

[ Edited ]
by aenertia Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (669 Views)

HI there,

we just had fibre x installed (cable) The supplied HG659 which is an MIP's based router is way underpowered for this service.

I am able to only push 355mbit and 80mbit through the layer3 forwarding path on these devices. I also have several other ar7xx chipset based routers and confirm that this is about the extent their dual mips CPU's can do at layer3.

The service when connected to a fast cpu capable of gigabit + speeds (in this case a xeon v4) is able to forward at the cable modem rate - and achieve close to the advertised 900/100 service offering.

Does Vodafone have an alternative Router option available to replace the HG659 as currently it is bottleknecking the service.

Cheers.

Results of HG659, Atlernative (Lede Snapshot) ar7xx platform and Xeon v4 as layer3 first hop from CMNT

Starter Poster

Re: HG659 not suitabe for FibreX

by aenertia Starter Poster
Message 2 of 3 (668 Views)

Please note all results are with cable connected (i.e not Wireless), and ALG functions disabled for most runs. The results showing ~180mbit are advanced QOS test runs on ar7xxx

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: HG659 not suitabe for FibreX

by Necropants Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (595 Views)

and this is the least of the problems with this device. It's honestly disgraceful they are rolling these out enmass too customers.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 41w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors