FibreX Lan connection speed

Starter Poster

FibreX Lan connection speed

by Forkchop Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (464 Views)

Hello,

I have tried fixing this myself for a while now and have been in contact with the techs over the phone and no one seems to be able to fix my problem. I have got a FibreX max plan for 1gigabit connection. On my previous house my computer was right next to the router and connected via ethernet cable and it will be getting around 800mb/s connection. We moved to a new house and got a new connection set up however the router is about 10m away from the router so I bought a cat6 10m long ethernet cable. No matter what I do I cant seem to get that speed back. I am only getting 220mb/s now and I have bought 2 new cat6 cables to test if its a faulty cable. I have tested my laptop on the same cables and exactly the same speeds. This is not the same fibrex hub that what I had from my previous house.

The weird thing is that my phone that is connected via 5g is getting 350-400mb/s download. I find it hard to believe that being a 10m cable will drop my speed down 4x and causes my 5g wifi speed to be faster than ethernet.

I have tried the following:
Updated drivers

Trying new cat6 cables

Testing with another device ie: laptop

Different ports on the router

Please help

Staff

Re: FibreX Lan connection speed

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

hi

It seems the issue maybe related to the LAN setup or the LAN device.

If your phone is getting around 400Mbps + means it has nothing to do with the cable between the Router and the Modem.

What Router are you using? and what is the LAN device you are using to check the speeds what other LAN devices are connected and do you have anything like a switch?

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Starter Poster

by Forkchop Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (370 Views)

Hello,

I believe I have the Ultra Hub router that was provided by Vodafone also I am testing my connection using my desktop. The desktop is connected to the router via 30m Cat6 Ethernet cable. I have tried 2 brand new cables alreayd thinking that was the issue.

There are currently 3 devices connected to the router. TV, PS4, Computer. I have tried juggling the ethernet port around to no avail.

Cheers

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)

Hi

On your desktop Network adapter details what is the connection speed you see there

Also have the Task Manager> performance tab> CPU > then right click ont he CPU graph and Change graph to Logical processors.

Run the speedtest again and see any one of those graphs hit 100 % . if that the case then its just the CPU getting bogged down.

if i am correct the Speed test uses only 1 Core sometimes. WHich gives slow speed results.

Neverthe less it will be something to do with the device on LAN as if the Wireless is gettings 400+ then ideally you are as still on the correct plan and correct througput.

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 27w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors