Fibre Max Download Speeds

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Fibre Max Download Speeds

by RiteshPatel Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (1,412 Views)

Hi, so I recently upgraded my broadband speed from Vodafone fibre 200/20 to fibre Max. Speedtest shows I'm getting 930mbps down and 472 up, However my actual download speeds have decreased. When I was on my 200mbps down fibre plan, my steam download speed would stay at a constant 24MB/s. Now on Fibre Max steam and origin reaches a peak download speed of 8.5MB/s. I have checked all my steam and origin settings but nothing seems to work. I have tried different server locations and different games. Also, my steam folder is set to download to my SSD. I have tested other software downloads from servers in NZ but no luck. I am currently using Vodafone's new ultra hub router.

Starter Poster

Re: Fibre Max Download Speeds

by RiteshPatel Starter Poster
Message 2 of 3 (1,391 Views)

Thanks to yitz at geekzone forums for the answer.

To fix the issue I disabled "Secure DNS" in the ultra hub settings while in "Advanced" mode.

The problem is that by default the "Secure DNS" setting shows up as disabled. It's just a matter of hitting the "Apply" button to save the setting. One would think that it is already disabled since the slider is in the "disabled" position by default!

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Fibre Max Download Speeds

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 3 of 3 (1,375 Views)

Hi

Just to add to this. Secure DNS makes use of Vodafone DNS servers. it would not do anything to the download speeds. 

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 39w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors