e-sim support and functionality

Starter Poster

e-sim support and functionality

by Geer Starter Poster
Message 1 of 20 (3,996 Views)

Hi,

I asked this question 5-6 months back, I would like to use my Apple Watch3 LTE to make phone calls, etc on the VFNZ network.... can you advise if (and when) VFNZ will offer e-sim functionality and Numbersync capability as VFAust does, and as Spark does?

thanks

Posted from Apple iPad
Community Manager

Re: e-sim support and functionality

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 20 (3,944 Views)

@Geer

Thanks for your post. Still no plans to offer at this point but will advise if/when this changes.

Cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 3 of 20 (3,899 Views)

if so many people are wanting this why isn't there any plans to impliment it ?

Please can you give us the real reason not just we have no plans please be honest.

New Poster

by EthanLessiter New Poster
Message 4 of 20 (3,602 Views)

Agreed. Why isn’t this a priority? Its new technology - Apple Watch 3. Vodafone is usually at the front of such but they are this time letting us down. I expect from Vodafone - a apprantly leading telecomunications company to be providing the latest technology and support. 

I wish to purchase a Apple Watch 3 with Cellular and the expectation for that to work with my mobile plan as it does in other countries (even on vodafone australia).

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by PeterWeb Starter Poster
Message 5 of 20 (3,551 Views)

Sadly, Vodafone has remained out of touch on this one since I first started asking about esim support over a year ago. The issue is still clearly shoved in the too-hard basket in spite of Vodafone supporting esims elsewhere and their competitors such as Spark doing so here.

Used to be a technology company, not sure what they are now.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 6 of 20 (3,533 Views)

@PeterWeb

Rather than the "too hard" basket, it's in the "under review" basket. The Apple Watch isn't sold here - other esim devices are available - hence review rather than roll out as in Australia and Germany.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by PeterWeb Starter Poster
Message 7 of 20 (3,513 Views)

I have no interest whatever in Apple devices which is why I mentioned only esims. I have strong interest in the "other" devices you mention - such as the Samsung Gear 3g - which retailers sell and your competitors support, but you don't.

cf:

https://www.harveynorman.co.nz/connected-health-fitness/sport-and-activity-trackers/samsung-gear-s3-...

Not for want of asking from various people over a long period:

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Mobile-services/Samsung-gear-3-3g/td-p/216218

Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 8 of 20 (3,505 Views)

The reason the Apple watch isn't sold here is that no mobile providers support it YET, but even though it isn't sold here, on my floor at work there is 4 people with the apple watch gen 3 lte out of around 40 people, the Realestate agent that sold me my house also had one.  so it is here already

So as the saying goes build it and they will come.... 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Katory Starter Poster
Message 9 of 20 (277 Views)

The iPhone Xs supports dual SIM using eSIM which makes it the only convenient way for people it’s two lines , Personal and Business, will Vodafone NZ remain stubborn refusing to support eSIM ?! 

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster puns1973 Regular Poster
Message 10 of 20 (3,477 Views)

Hello,

Vodafone: e-Sim Support for Apple Watch Cellular in New Zealand

I just started the petition "Vodafone: e-Sim Support for Apple Watch Cellular in New Zealand" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://chn.ge/2uGCvBC

Thanks!
Stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 23w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors