casual data turned off

New Poster

casual data turned off

by megan555 New Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,300 Views)

Hi, I have one of the prepay dial up/down plans and I want to be able to switch the casual data off so that i am not charged a fortune if i run over my plan, have fiddled around but can't find how to do it, any ideas please or is it not doable? Thanks

Community Manager

Re: casual data turned off

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (1,296 Views)

@megan555

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

Apologies, casual data can't be turned off but you can track your usage easily through the My Vodafone app to avoid it.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by Roberto1 New Poster
Message 3 of 5 (1,117 Views)

Hi,

Did this feature used to be available?  

I have just found my teenage daughter went onto casual rates and used up the credit I had for the next top up.  When I rang 6 months or so ago I was told the casual rates were disabled for her and indeed the data normally stops when she has used it up.

Regards

Starter Poster

by kylan-sin Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (105 Views)

I don't think "casual data can't be turned off" is an acceptable answer. Is that a technical problem why it can't be turn off, or more of a company policy problem?

I would think it would be easy enough to implement (and makes sense) an option for vodafone users to choose either or not to continue to use casual data after the data on their plan are out.

New Poster

by StefanOlsen New Poster
Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)

Yeah I just accidentally went over my mobile data allocation and got stung $16 in a few hours.

I suspect Vodafone purposely don't allow casual data to be turned off because they rely on the income generated from people when they use up all their mobile data, forget to turn 4G off, then start eating into 20c per 1mb or whatever astronimical rate it is.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 45w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors