buying NZ travel SIM

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

buying NZ travel SIM

by GrahamStark Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (607 Views)

I am based in UK with an unlocked phone that takes 2 SIMs and am going to New Zealand soon. I would like to purchase a NZ travel sim for my time there and intend to visit the Vodafoneshop in Queen St Aukland or Aukland Airport. Will I be able to simply buy this there and then fit into my phone (nano SIM required) and use straight away? I will not have a lot of spare time and will be tracelling straight away so unable to return to the store. Also please confirm that I will not need to set up a contract to purchase this sim.

Graham Stark

Vodafone Ninja

Re: buying NZ travel SIM

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (882 Views)

Hi there, assuming the sim will work with the phone you have you will be able to pick it up from the store,you will not need any type of contract, it will be prepay.

Vodafone Social Media Team
Starter Poster

Re: buying NZ travel SIM

by GrahamStark Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (572 Views)

that will be ideal . My phone (Honor9 by Huawei )uses a nanosim - I assume that the NZ travelsim comes like this if required (probably one of those mulyicards that you press out the size that you need) ?

I did a check somewher on the web on phone compatibility and it showed ok for something like  6 of the 7 different frequencies that Vodafone use in NZ. I can't find that again, Are you able to confirm this for me or point out how I can check that.

Thank you Graham.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors