Why can I only blacklist NZ mobile numbers

Highlighted
Contributor

Why can I only blacklist NZ mobile numbers

by Contributor crosis Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (794 Views)

Over the past few days I have recieved numerous calls from a "financial services" scam operation. They use the numbers 09 801 5174 and 09 801 5175, but are most likely an overseas outfit as I also managed to see a number 0098015175. As I have been overseas this has meant getting calls at all hours of the day and night.

I went to blacklist them using the Vodafone blacklist but I can only do this for NZ mobile numbers.

Vodafone, why not make it so the blacklist can block any number you want. Surely if you have this service it wouldnt be hard to make it block any numbers?

If iphone users have other suggestions to block a number I would welcome them.

Contributor

Re: Why can I only blacklist NZ mobile numbers

by Contributor crosis Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (790 Views)

I might add I have used the iphone recent number block, but it doesnt seem to be totally effective as 09 801 5175 became 0098015175 and still got through.

New Poster

by BrigidCurran New Poster
Message 3 of 4 (502 Views)

I also want to know too, when you block a number it still goes to voicemail.  No point blocking if they can still leave a message.  

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (496 Views)

@crosis@BrigidCurran

There are a couple of apps in the iTunes Store called Hiya, Callblock and Truecaller that you could try.

They are free for a period then I think you need to subscrpie to them though your iTunes account.

They state they block unwanted callers (telemarketers spammers etc) using databases of known numbers.

See this article as well:

https://www.macworld.com/article/3119736/ios/new-call-blocking-apps-in-ios-10-can-stop-spams-and-sca...

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 35w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors