Vodafone in Australia

Starter Poster

Vodafone in Australia

by muffinz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (669 Views)

Wife & I both have prepay iphones and next year we are going on holiday in Aussie for 3 weeks

We don't intend to make any calls or send any texts while we are in Aussie  - unless in emergency

but what happens if someone tries to call us or send us a text - will they get charged extra for phoning / texting us? or will we have to pay?

I just plan to use the phone as an alarm clock to wake us up in the morning and to take some photos

will our phones automatically switch over to Vodafone Australia network once we land in Sydney? and will they automatically change from NZ time to Australia time?

also if we did have to 'phone home' or txt someone back in NZ what would we get charged?

sorry for so many questions, but neither of us are on a plan and we don't intend to be.

thanks in advance

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Vodafone in Australia

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (623 Views)

Hi @muffinz,

You phones wil automatically connect to the preferred mobile network in Australia as soon as you land at the airport.

Please visit http://bit.ly/VFPPRoam for the full pricing on using your phone while roaming.

Kind regards,
Arif Khan.
Social Media Advisor
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 4 (602 Views)

thanks for that - will the phone automatically go to roaming and look for the nearest cell tower?

or should we just switch the phones to airplane / flight mode to avoid this?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 4 (289 Views)

ok so we'd need to buy the $19 a week data package to be sure and we can text BUY RA19 to 756 to get this add on?

can we do it twice to cover us for 2 weeks in Australia?

what I mean is on the day we leave NZ can my wife text BUY RA19 to 756 twice and get 2 weeks worth, or will che have to do it again while in Australia?

we are both on pre-pay and not on a plan

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 35w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors