Travel SIM questions

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Travel SIM questions

by Willg Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (1,153 Views)

Hi, I'm visiting New Zealand from the UK for 3 weeks. I have data and phone calls to the UK with my UK service provider, but I'd like to buy a prepay SIM card that will allow me to make calls in NZ. Two questions:

1. My phone is a Huawei Honor 7 dual SIM. Will this be compatible with Vodafone NZ SIM cards?

2. Which is likely to be the best card? I don't need data, just relatively few minutes and perhaps texts to phone campsites etc. Would I be able to get a My Flex Prepay SIM or would I have to get a Travel Sim? Or is there something better?

Thanks in advance, I hope.

Bill

Posted from Apple iPad
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Travel SIM questions

[ Edited ]
by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 6 (1,729 Views)

Hi @Willg,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Vodafone Community.

To answer your questions:

1. As long as your phone is not locked to your UK service provider, then you should be ok using a Vodafone NZ SIM card with your phone. So just double check with your network if your phone is locked to be used with their SIM cards only or not.

2. You can certainly go for the My Flex plan. The Travel SIM would include data which you won't need as you mentioned (albeit the minutes can be used to ring the UK as well which is not covered by the My Flex plan).

But you can indeed go for the My Flex and adjust the data to the minimal amount, and increase the minutes and txts as much you would like.

We also have the Pay & Go plan (which is exactly the same as the pay as you go plans in the UK), have a look here: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/prepay/pay-and-go/

Kind Regards

Ahmed

Social Media team

Starter Poster

by Willg Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (1,056 Views)

Thanks Ahmed, that's a very helpful answer

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by GrahamStark Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (928 Views)

Hi - I have a similar question to the one about using travel SIM in an  Honor phone. This is my situation -

I am based in UK with an unlocked phone (Honor9) that takes 2 SIMs and am going to New Zealand soon. I would like to purchase a NZ travel sim for my time there and intend to visit the Vodafoneshop in Queen St Aukland or Aukland Airport. Will I be able to simply buy this there and then fit into my phone (nano SIM required) and use straight away? I will not have a lot of spare time and will be tracelling straight away so unable to return to the store. Also please confirm that I will not need to set up a contract to purchase this sim.

Graham Stark

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 6 (923 Views)

Hi Graham,

It's a prepay sim so no contact needed. So yes I would recommend you go into the Vodafone store at Auckland Airport and they can help you out.

Starter Poster

by GrahamStark Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (917 Views)

Thank you. Graham.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors