Sim Swap Trouble

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Sim Swap Trouble

by blkwido Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

Hi, I wanted to do a sim swap but somehow it got messed up because a salesperson did not sell me a blank sim.  So I did the online steps and nothing happened.  Called customer care and they told me I needed a blank sim and then only it can be done.

To my surprise when I called with the blank sim details, they told me my old sim was inactive and I could not transfer my number over to the blank sim.  This does not make me very happy as I have to change my number and contact people and organisations to update my number.  How does this happen , are we not to trust that sales people know what they talking about when selling Vodafone products?

Please let me know if there is any way this can be resolved and I can reactive my old number again.

Community Manager

Re: Sim Swap Trouble

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 3 (393 Views)

@blkwido

If your number is still available then you can buy a 1-month plan, get your number put on that plan and then migrate to another plan if you want.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: Sim Swap Trouble

by blkwido Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)
Hi Mike, tx for the reply. I did not bother calling in and asking for assistance again with this, just accepted my fate and the new number.
Posted from Samsung SM-G935F
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors