Receiving "premium" texts from overseas?

Starter Poster

Receiving "premium" texts from overseas?

by DavidRoss Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (165 Views)

Apple Mac is insisting on sending me a txt message to my Vodafone mobile in order to reset my Apple password. However, I am not receiving these txt messages. Apple Support has asked me to check whether my mobile carrier (Vodafone, obviously) supports receiving "premium" texts from overseas. Can a Vodafone staff member please answer this question?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Receiving "premium" texts from overseas?

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 6 (121 Views)

Hi there, has your mobile phone number ever been with another provider other than Vodafone by any chance? If so, it is possible that your number was never removed from their routing table, which could be why the txt message is not getting through to you.

if your number has always just been with Vodafone, obviously the above doesn't apply.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (113 Views)

It's an 021 number, but I did switch from Vodafone to another provider for a while. I had to switch back to Vodafone when I discovered that the other provider did not support receiving "Premium" overseas txts, e.g. from my bank in Australia. Since returning to Vodafone I have not had any problems receving txts from my Australian bank.

Also, I have received other txts from Apple, just not the password reset txt. Perhaps Apple sends password resets via a different network from other txts, I don't know Smiley Sad

Community Manager
Community Manager

Message 4 of 6 (62 Views)

I feel your pain, Apple's 2 factor authentication caused me a lot of frustration as well on the weekend.

Our network definitely supports these text messages, I received mine eventually (after about 2 minutes). It's worth noting that Apple's messages are sent through iMessage as far as I am aware.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (52 Views)

I finally received the txt message enabling me to reset my password. (Unfortunately it has taken several attempts to request a password reset via Apple's website.)

Community Manager
Community Manager

Message 6 of 6 (42 Views)

Glad you got it sorted in the end!

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors