How does My Flex work?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

How does My Flex work?

by Toonster Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (847 Views)

Hi - this is probably a totally dumb post, but I've just spend ages going round and round in circles on the Vodafone website and can't see how the My Flex prepay actually works (i.e. a step by step guide for what I need to do).

Do I just get charged the amount that the minutes/data/texts cost (e.g. if I chose the minimum amount, I'd pay $11)?

Do I have to pay more than that to have credit over and above the minimum amount, but the $11 gets deducted for the minutes/data/texts? (given that the FAQ talks about only getting carryover if you have credit remaining to renew the plan) If not, how does the whole carryover thing work?

If I have to put in credit over and above, what happens to it at the end of the 28 days - does it automatically get deducted to renew the plan? Is it up to me how much credit to put on, or does Vodafone decide?

I'm trying to work out if it is better value than my current Freebees account (where I pay $30 for more than enough data for the month and a month's worth of free texts, then chew through my credit till I next top up, usually 2-4 weeks later)

If the answer is online, but I've just missed it (even the My Vodafone page with the plans and add ons just gives me the option to switch without actually explaining what I'm switching to :-( ) , please point me to the right link.

Many thanks

Posted from Samsung SM-P350
Community Manager

Re: How does My Flex work?

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 8 (840 Views)

@Toonster

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

First up, apologies things aren't clearer.

Yes, whatever your minutes, TXTs and data is what you'll pay.

If your account is in credit when the plan is due to renew, then your unused mins/txts and data will flow onto the next month and when your new allowances are added then you'll use the carry over amounts first. If you don't use those and the new month's allowances then that all carries over to the following month and so on.

However, if the account is not in credit you'll lose the carry over.

Yes, your credit will be deducted the plan amount at the end of the 28 days.

Re vs Freebies. Depends on how much data you use - you can get deals on data if you set My Flex too low (you can change it for the following month).

Hope that helps, happy to answer questions.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (835 Views)

Hi Mike

Thanks for such a quick response. However, I'm still confused. You've said that whatever my minutes/texts/data are is what I'll pay (i.e. what my credit card is charged). But then you say "If your account is in credit when the plan is due to renew..." How is my account in credit if my credit card is only charged whatever my minutes/texts/data are?

Thanks

T

Community Manager

Message 4 of 8 (832 Views)

@Toonster

Ahh ok. You set up the plan with amounts you want, which equals say $11. You then need to ensure your vodafone account is in credit by $11 or more every 28 days. You can set up an auto top up from a card if you want. Minimum to up is $10.

You vodafone account is what is denied to pay for the plan.

Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 8 (824 Views)

OK - I think I've got it - does this sound right?

I could top up by $30 for example, then set the plan for the $11, and it would last me eight weeks (two sets of 28 days); then I would need to top up by another $3 before the end of the eight weeks to get the third set of 28 days as a carry over. If I didn't, then I'd just go onto the PAYG rates (so it's not like I'd lose the money, or not have my phone work, I'd just lose any remaining minutes and wouldn't get anything carrying over.

Is there any automated warning when I get close to the end of the 28 days? At the moment, I get a 2 day warning when my Freebees are about to run out. I'm not a fan of automated top ups from cards.

Community Manager

Message 6 of 8 (1,373 Views)

@Toonster

You got it.

Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 8 (819 Views)

Awesome - thanks so much for your help and your patience!

Community Manager

Message 8 of 8 (786 Views)

@Toonster

No worries, my pleasure.

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 29w ago