How are notifications of unplanned network outages in the Vodafone 'Coverage' page provided?

Frequent Poster

How are notifications of unplanned network outages in the Vodafone 'Coverage' page provided?

by Frequent Poster Phil_W Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

For around an hour this morning (14th June) while communing  (by Pub Transport) from the Nothern part of Auckland I noted significant difficulties with internet access via vodafone. A short interval of access via WiFi at a bus station also found no access to the Vodafone web pages etc. Only after getting to a Spark serviced site in Penrose was I able to check... ie  was that my phone (recent software updates, and issues with increased battery drain) or the network? I suspect it was indeed the network, but no proof.

Nothing on the site gives me confidence I could find out. The lmited information of a few dots on a green- red likert scale  is useless. Is this an overall impression of all of NZ?. It made me wonder how, if at all, are any outages brought to customer attendion and how current are they? Do they get removed as soon as the network is restored? Does it rely on public reporting, and if so it is a Catch 22... you cannot report (easily) if the network is down! 

Community Manager

Re: How are notifications of unplanned network outages in the Vodafone 'Coverage' page provided?

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 2 (57 Views)

@Phil_W

Thanks for your post.

Network issues are available on the website - clicking through the dots to details and additionally on the Community under the Network board to which you can subscribe if you're interested in a particular area/region.

Cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors