Disabling mobile data at provider end

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Disabling mobile data at provider end

by bedrock25 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (287 Views)

My son is getting an iPhone for Christmas and I am considering which Mobile Provider to use.  For parental reasons we need a provider that can have mobile data disabled at the provider end - and this to remain so until parental decision to allow.  This is just a precaution until he is older. 

Can Vodafone do this on either Prepay or On-Account options?  If so - tell us how to proceed, and which packs (if applicable) are most suitable.

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Disabling mobile data at provider end

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (461 Views)

Good morning @bedrock25

Yes this is possible but will require a call into the contact centre. It is done in the "back end" so doesn't matter which plan you are on.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards

Rochelle

Starter Poster

by bedrock25 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

Follow-up question @RochelleB

It's good that mobile data can be disabled at provider end for the first few years of my son having iPhone, BUT I'm now wondering how we return it to normal after that time.  ie: this permission change will need to come from us the parents, NOT from my son.

Therefore, to make this practical, will this iPhone need to be an on-account phone?  I like prepay as it may be cheaper for his usage, BUT I'm guessing that a prepay account may be difficult to manage the authorisation /permission change later.  Easier to manage under On-account?  ... or , it doesn't matter?

Thanks for your prompt support on this Christmas gift  :-) 

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 4 (221 Views)

Hi there. Rochelle is on leave now - as will I be shortly!

However it would be the same in reverse. Calling contact centre and having data re enabled. Basically they have to remove the APNs and 4G which will be provisioned by default on our side.

Come the day you want to add these back on a CSR can raise an order to do the same in reverse Smiley Happy

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors