to buy a prepaid sim card from foreign country

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

to buy a prepaid sim card from foreign country

by patcas Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (681 Views)

is it possible to buy a sim prepaid(for an android smartphone WIKO) from a foreign country (France) before going to New Zealand for a stay of 3 weeks in February 2016.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Buying a prepaid sim card on arrival to Auckland airport

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 7 of 8 (320 Views)

You can purchase a travel SIM at Auckland Airport, designed for short term travellers to NZ. More info on the plans available are here: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/travel-sim/

If you would prefer a regular prepay plan, you would need to visit another one of our regular retail stores.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎11-04-2017 10:36 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

Re: to buy a prepaid sim card from foreign country

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 8 (671 Views)

Hi @patcas,

You will first need to ensure that your phone is Unlocked for use with another provider, you can check this by calling your current provider.

Assuming you'll land in Auckland, there is a Vodafone store right in front of you as you walk out into the arrivals hall. You will be able to pick up a SIM card w=from the store. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to send you a SIM card overseas.

Thanks Smiley Happy

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

by patcas Starter Poster
Message 3 of 8 (665 Views)

thanks

New Poster

by Twag New Poster
Message 4 of 8 (214 Views)

I will be going to New Zealand on a cruise in February 2017 and would like to purchase a NZ Travel SIM.  My first port of call is Dunedin.  Can you offer a suggestion on where to pick up this SIM while I am there since I can't have it sent to my U.S. address?

Vodafone Ninja

Message 5 of 8 (209 Views)

@Twag

The only place you may be able to get a travel SIM in Dunedin is from our retail store on George St in centre city. 

Alternatively most convenience stores and supermarkets sell standard prepay sim's which have a slightly different plan that offer NZ/AU calling minutes and txts, as well as data. These plans also include our $2 for calls up to 60 minutes to landlines in the USA, and 29 other countries. 

If you happen to be travelling via Australia, the Travel SIM is also available airside at Sydney and Melbourne departures.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

Starter Poster

Buying a prepaid sim card on arrival to Auckland airport

by Larry1 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 8 (175 Views)

Hi

I will shortly be landing at Auckland airport with my iphone 6 that is unlocked.

Will I be able to purchase a prepaid sim card to cover all domestic calls to landlines and mobiles plus a large data bundle?

Thanks for your help.

L

Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Message 7 of 8 (321 Views)

You can purchase a travel SIM at Auckland Airport, designed for short term travellers to NZ. More info on the plans available are here: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/travel-sim/

If you would prefer a regular prepay plan, you would need to visit another one of our regular retail stores.

- Sam

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎11-04-2017 10:36 AM
Starter Poster

by Larry1 Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (151 Views)

Thanks v much Sam - much appreciated.

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today