receipt for prepay top ups

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

receipt for prepay top ups

[ Edited ]
by ChristinaYooKyungKim Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,707 Views)

Good day,  I know there's no tax invoice for prepay plans under $50, but I need the receipts , where can I view the receipts for my top ups or get them? 

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: receipt for prepay top ups

by BadeneRebelleza Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (2,824 Views)

Hi there,

It would also help you manage and view your account if you download the My Vodafone App. You will be able to check your usage and also your payments in your most convenient time. You can take screenshots of your usage and payments and save them on your phone for future reference.

I am currently working for Mobile On Account and was on Mobile Prepay in the past.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 7 (1,691 Views)

Hi there

I understand we can issue receipts for top ups of $50 or more, after a portion of that top up has been used, and that you will not require GST receipts if a payment is less than $50.

We have the information below on one of our internal knowledgebases that explains it further. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Dylan

"The sale of a Prepay Top Up is not a supply for GST purposes. For this reason, we are not able to issue Tax Invoices to our prepay customers when they purchase a Prepay Top Up.

We do not issue Tax Invoices for a supply of $50 or less to our Prepay customers (it is not required by the GST Act).

Because we are not able to issue a Tax Invoice for the sale of a Top Up, customers are instead issued with a receipt for the Top Up amount (you do not need to have a Tax Invoice to claim GST for supplies of $50 or less).

Prepay Tax Invoice eligibility

The supply for GST purposes only occurs when your Prepay customer uses their Top Up credit of $50 or more (including GST) on the following:

•     Makes a phone call or uses a data service
  •     This must be based on 1 call or 1 data session (it is not a combination of all services)

A GST invoice will not be issued to our Prepay customers in any other circumstances."

Starter Poster

by ChristinaYooKyungKim Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (1,684 Views)

Hi Dylan

Thanks for your answer. Then are there any other documents we as a customer to see or check how much and often we paid for top ups? I just need to submit something that shows how much I pay for the plans as my work is paying for it

Staff

by Staff LucyM Staff
Message 4 of 7 (1,632 Views)

Hi @ChristinaYooKyungKim

If you purchase a recharge voucher, you could keep this as a receipt/proof of how much you are paying for your plan.

If you will be needing ongoing monthly statements showing how much you are paying, perhaps you could look at moving to an On Account plan? We have some great open term options here.

Regards,

Lucy

I currently work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Tech Support team, I volunteer my time here on the community during my free time
Starter Poster

by BadeneRebelleza Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (2,825 Views)

Hi there,

It would also help you manage and view your account if you download the My Vodafone App. You will be able to check your usage and also your payments in your most convenient time. You can take screenshots of your usage and payments and save them on your phone for future reference.

I am currently working for Mobile On Account and was on Mobile Prepay in the past.

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by davecarter Starter Poster
Message 6 of 7 (598 Views)

I have read you statement "

We do not issue Tax Invoices for a supply of $50 or less to our Prepay customers (it is not required by the GST Act)." and find it significantly confusing.

The act http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1985/0141/latest/DLM81035.html is pretty clear here http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1985/0141/latest/DLM83975.html that you are to supply them when requested.

Your not a non resident person so I dont see any grounds for you to say the act states its not required, neither did the tax department when I asked them.

If you would like to supprt your claim with direction to the relevant GST tax act section I would be most greatful.

As to your claim that you do not supply gst receipts for topups, I challenge this and direct you to examine the reciepts from any one of the numerous vodafone stores issuing said gst reciepts for prepay topups via creditcard.

The GST number on these receipts matches the GST number of vodafone, so clearly you do issue them, and for topups

-- your statement --

"The sale of a Prepay Top Up is not a supply for GST purposes. For this reason, we are not able to issue Tax Invoices to our prepay customers when they purchase a Prepay Top Up.

We do not issue Tax Invoices for a supply of $50 or less to our Prepay customers (it is not required by the GST Act).

Because we are not able to issue a Tax Invoice for the sale of a Top Up, customers are instead issued with a receipt for the Top Up amount (you do not need to have a Tax Invoice to claim GST for supplies of $50 or less).

Prepay Tax Invoice eligibility

The supply for GST purposes only occurs when your Prepay customer uses their Top Up credit of $50 or more (including GST) on the following:

•     Makes a phone call or uses a data service
  •     This must be based on 1 call or 1 data session (it is not a combination of all services)

A GST invoice will not be issued to our Prepay customers in any other circumstances."

Starter Poster

by davecarter Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (597 Views)

So vodafone DO issue GST receipts for topups after all huh. 

Would anyone like to answer the direct question of what section of the tax act your using to not uissue them?

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today