eSIM support

Community Manager

Re: eSIM support

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 11 of 17 (1,061 Views)

@gregmcc

I think that's a bit harsh.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't heard back from our devices guys but will ask again on Monday.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPad
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 12 of 17 (1,057 Views)

@MikeHales, what do you tell me what you think should be an accecptiable timeframe for VF to deliver a response to a question and I'll see about editing my post, otherwise 3 months and no response seems to justify my response

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 13 of 17 (2,046 Views)

@gregmcc

Spoke with our devices guys and short answer is no, we don't have any support for esims. Slightly longer answer is that unsurprisingly the team are looking into it but there are no plans and no timings.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Solution
Accepted by topic author gregmcc
‎13-02-2017 08:20 PM
Guy
Starter Poster

by Guy Starter Poster
Message 14 of 17 (880 Views)

Hi,

I can see this has become a somewhat emotive subject here, and I understand that currently there is no support and there are no anticipated time frames from VFNZ. 

I guess what would be useful here though, as a follow up to that, is a statement as to what is going on with Vodafone global and the Esim situation.  i.e. it is already up and running in Germany, has Vodafone NZ got any stance on that, how it's going and therefore when in broad terms, it might be considered for NZ.

If no one at a national level has any thoughts on this or more information around the whole subject, is there anyway to get a response from a higher regional level or even global level around the company's goals for the rollout and likely time frames.

This is an exciting developement and Vodafone should be looking to take a lead, as if they don't they will undoubtedly loose customers to other providers who do have a timeframe in mind for offering the service.

Yours hopefully,

Guy

New Poster

by NevilleDNZ New Poster
Message 15 of 17 (644 Views)
The Samsung Gear S3 uses the frequencies: LTE, LTE 100/50 & LTE 150/50 B1 (2100), B3 (1800 +) & B5 (850) UMTS, HSUPA, HSUPA 5.8 & HSDPA B1 (2100)

Vodafone-New-Zealand uses: LTE:Interface:B3(1800+)
AND UMTS:Interface:B1(2100) & B8(900 GSM)

So the S3 (SM-R765F) "should" work in NZ no problem. You just need to convince Vodafone NZ to print you QR code. Maybe vodefone UK can print a QR code for NZ...

In Singapore you just walk into a Singtel or StarHub and but an esim, it comes as a scanable QR code:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/esim
Posted from OPPO X9009
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 16 of 17 (631 Views)

If it is that easy why arn't VF doing it?

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 17 of 17 (620 Views)

End of the day new products or services won't be discussed on a public forum until after anything has been officially announced.

Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 38w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today