Sending SMS to someone in the UK

FCT
Starter Poster

Sending SMS to someone in the UK

by FCT Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,918 Views)

Hi,

I'm in the UK on the Three(3) network. Historically I have been unable to receive messages from Vodafone NZ phones. 

Originally I was told by Three that this was because there was no international partner agreement between them and Vodafone NZ, but they have recently advised that this agreement is now in place. 

However, I am still unable to receive text messages from Vodafone NZ phones. Text messages from Three to Voda NZ are received. 

I have attempted to retrieve delivery reports from my family in NZ, but they have not received any, even with this option turned on in the phone settings. 

Vodafone NZ says this is Three's problem, Three says it's a Vodafone problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? 

Thanks for your help!

Retired Staff

Re: Sending SMS to someone in the UK

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 2 of 7 (1,917 Views)

Interesting scenario - I would imagine @johnr would be the best man for this job. Smiley Happy

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Ninja Initiate

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 3 of 7 (1,906 Views)

@FCT 

Did you port your number from another provider to the Three(3) network?

Has your Voda NZ friend logged a fault for this previously with technical support?

FCT
Starter Poster

by FCT Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (1,900 Views)

Yes, I ported my number from Orange (now EE). That was over two years ago, if it makes a difference? 

Re: logging a fault - how does that work? My Dad called Vodafone customer support and they told him  to "..try taking the battery out while the phone is still going then put it back again after a short period as the system may have got “tangled” - direct quote. 

Ninja Initiate

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 5 of 7 (1,897 Views)

Thanks for the info.

Could you please get your dad to ring 0800 921 021 and log a ticket for this issue?

We will need at least 2 examples of him txting your number recently so we can run a trace and see where the problem lies.

Ninja Master

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 6 of 7 (1,875 Views)

If the A party (sending) is a Vodafone NZ customer then this should be looked into from the VodafoneNZ side

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
Starter Poster

by JohnWalker Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (660 Views)

Just to say that I have the same into a UK '3' network contracted phone. The number was ported from UK Vodafone about 18 months ago ( this may be relevant as it seems to be a common factor that people with problems have ported their numbers)

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today