Roaming

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Roaming

by Fireman03 New Poster
Message 1 of 10 (2,248 Views)

Hi There, I'm heading oversea for 7 weeks and was wanting to know about the $5 per day roaming charge. If I may 1 call everday am I going to be charged $5 each day ie: 5x7x7= $245, it just seems a little silly to be charging like that

Accepted Solutions
Ninja Initiate

Re: Roaming

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 7 of 10 (2,888 Views)

@sangmot 

sangmot wrote:

Your contact center said if I were to remove the option of 'Traveller' then it would be standard roaming like before and then I only pay for what i use. Can you confirm? I want to make sure before I use it  

Not true, daily roaming cannot be disabled if you are on an eligible plan.
Only option for you will be to get a Vodafone prepay sim if you want to pay casual rates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 10 (2,246 Views)

Depends where you roam to as some countries are $5 per min to make calls, When roaming you pay for incoming calls as well

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

by sangmot Starter Poster
Message 3 of 10 (2,242 Views)

Hi Team,

I have similar feelings about this as the OP

I am traveling to the US for 6 weeks and I am on an 'eligible' plan for the Daily Roaming $5 a day. I am of the understanding that this will automatically kick in once I land on American soil. I would like to opt out for it so I only pay for the service I use, as and when I use it

For instance

if I only send 1 text a day, it will cost me 80c instead of $5

I will be perhaps sending 1 text every couple of days while overseas so it makes more sense to me to be paying just 80c for the text I send, instead of $5 a day everytime I send a single text

So naturally, the $5 a day doesn't work for me. I would like to revert to the old roaming charges where i only pay for what I use while overseas. Do you have an option of taking up $5/day or just staying on as is

Thanks,

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 10 (2,241 Views)
I mean TAKING OFF the $5/day
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 10 (2,234 Views)

You can't revert back, If you need to send a single SMS then log into the Vodafone NZ website and send it from online using Free2txt or web2txt

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 10 (2,230 Views)

Now that is not very convenient is it? Going to the VF website, locating and using that service while I am traveling through a different country on the road for six weeks? It doesn't seem very safe either if I am unable to remain in touch with my friends and family back home on my mobile when I am traveling alone.

Also the 1 text every couple of days is figurivete, point being I want to only pay for what I use be it i exceed $5 worth of usage a day while on roaming or use only something worth 80C. I want to have control over a service I pay for to a provider so I don't have to worry about incurring a big bill for no fault of mine

Your contact center said if I were to remove the option of 'Traveller' then it would be standard roaming like before and then I only pay for what i use. Can you confirm? I want to make sure before I use it  

Ninja Initiate

Message 7 of 10 (2,889 Views)

@sangmot 

sangmot wrote:

Not true, daily roaming cannot be disabled if you are on an eligible plan.
Only option for you will be to get a Vodafone prepay sim if you want to pay casual rates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 10 (2,199 Views)

Thanks for that

Is receiving a text free as it is on normal roaming or will it trigger the $5/day roaming rate

Ninja Initiate

Message 9 of 10 (2,196 Views)

Yes, receiving a txt is free.

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 10 (1,990 Views)

Thanks VF, I have now joined 2Degrees on their plans. Better roaming deals

Stats
  • 9 Replies